Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Learning Coach in Yerevan
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is seeking highly motivated, dynamic and tech-savvy professionals who are comfortable experimenting with new technologies to start a career as Learning Coach in Yerevan Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on the established coaching model the Learning Coach in Yerevan will work directly with Tumo students to:
- Support their learning process;
- Assist them in the design of their personal learning plans;
- Offer guidance toward the completion of learning activities;
- Provide encouragement and motivation toward harnessing the potential of technologies and self-learning;
- Assist in workshop and project coordination in various technology related areas;
- Track student attendance and provide feedback regarding student development; take measures to engage and provide technical inspiration to reluctant students;
- Convey a positive and professional image to the students;
- Promote learning in a collaborative and energized mode;
- Provide feedback to Tumo's Content Evaluators in the development of new learning activities and the fine-tuning of existing activities.
- Highly dynamic and positive personality; excellent people skills and facility in working with teenagers;
- Familiarity with and ability to learn technical concepts and tools relevant to at least one of the Tumo focus areas of animation, game development, web development and digital media;
- Multifaceted aptitudes in technical areas such as graphic design or programming; artistic skills such as drawing or writing;
- Willingness to develop higher order skills such as creativity, analytical thinking and initiative taking, as well as organizational capabilities such as teamwork, communication and research skills;
- Experience in the web and in the use of online resources and tools is a plus;
- Undergraduate or graduate education in a recognized university;
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, personal interaction, and public presentation in the Armenian language; knowledge of English language is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Learning coach in Yerevan". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 September 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 04 October 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is an after-school learning center where teenagers acquire digital media skills free of charge. Thousands of students attend Tumo on a regular basis and participate in its innovative, self-paced program. Its educational framework is based on a proprietary platform that promotes learning through interactive game-like levels, exposing users to increasingly challenging activities. Tumo's educational methodology is based on a large set of self-instructional activities that each of the Center's students assemble into a personal learning plan in the areas of animation, game development, web development and filmmaking. To learn more about the Tumo Center for Creative Technologies, please visit: www.tumo.org.
This announcement has been retrieved 1056 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.