|Grant Thornton CJSC|
TITLE: Senior Auditor
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Auditor is a senior professional position involved in field work of the audit team to coordinate the audit process. Within the team composed for a specific audit assignment, Senior Auditor may take up the position of In-Charge Auditor (Team Leader).
- Supervise Audit Assistants included in the audit engagement team;
- Assist Engagement Manager in planning and performing preliminary analytical procedures;
- Fully understand the audit work assigned to him/ her, apply professional judgement and expertise;
- Conduct audit work in the office and travel to the clients premises for the field work;
- Communication with managers and accounting staff of the client within the framework of audit procedures implementation;
- Secure that the team members fully comprehend their tasks assigned by the Engagement Manager;
- Identify potential risks in the areas of audit work performed and communicate them to the In-Charge Auditor;
- Review the work done and documented in working papers by Audit Assistants;
- Report on any deviation of the clients accounting policy and practice from the national/ international accounting standards to the Engagement Manager, recommend corrective action;
- Exercise professional judgment and suggest any potential areas for expert involvement;
- Assure that international standards on auditing are being complied with during the audit process;
- Remain current on domestic and international regulations and guidelines as they pertain to, and affect the audit process as well as business risks associated with the client;
- Help Engagement Manager in delivering the audit engagement by understanding the tasks assigned by the Engagement Manager and leading the team of professionals to fulfill them;
- Before every new engagement obtain business knowledge and understanding and for existing clients update already available information;
- Evaluate the work of subordinate staff after each engagement;
- Help Engagement Manager to compile auditor's reports and other reports as prescribed by the terms of engagement;
- Follow that working papers and documents are properly filed in current audit files and permanent files on clients are periodically updated;
- Consider the Ethics and Quality Control Manual, promote ethical and professional behavior and courtesy within the engagement team and in communications with the client's staff;
- Perform other job-related duties as requested by the Engagement Manager.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics;
- At least 3 years of work experience with proven excellence in the areas of audit or accounting in financial sector;
- ACCA membership or successful completion of most of the required exams;
- Audit or Accounting licence is preferable;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills;
- Ability for delegation and supervision of work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication and reporting skills;
- Focused and detail oriented person;
- Excellent aptitude of team work;
- Ability to preserve deadlines;
- Professional appearance and behaviour;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Fluency in Armenian, Russian and English languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants are kindly requested to e-mail their detailed Curriculum Vitae (in English) with contact telephone numbers and email addresses, relevant work experience and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org . All applicants are requested to indicate in the subject line of the message the position they are applying for.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 September 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 24 September 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: Grant Thornton, auditing and business consulting company is a member firm within Grant Thornton International Ltd.
This announcement has been retrieved 784 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.