Armenia Marriott Hotel Yerevan
TITLE: Pastry Shift Leader
TERM: Full-time (8 a.m. – 5 p.m., 5 days/ week, no regular days)
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Armenia Marriott Hotel Yerevan is looking for a Pastry Shift Leader.
Safety and Security:
- Follow all Company policies and procedures, including safety and security; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications;
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines;
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury;
- Follow Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment;
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/ or report them to management and security/ safety personnel;
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks;
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies and natural disasters);
Policies and Procedures:
- Protect Company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with Company policies and procedures;
- Follow Company and department policies and procedures;
- Ensure uniform, name tags and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with Company policies and procedures;
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers;
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible;
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language;
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks;
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/ department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call;
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees;
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect Company assets;
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect;
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and support team achieve common goals;
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments;
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/ or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/ Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance;
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping;
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift;
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines;
- Follow appropriate personal hygiene procedures to ensure food served to guests is safe for consumption, including disinfecting hands prior to handling food and wearing a hat/ hairnet and proper footwear;
- Follow and ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, such as product rotation, First In-First Out (FIFO); dating, labeling, cleaning, and organizing coolers/ freezers/ storage areas; and Cold Chain compliance, across all food-related departments and areas;
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers to prepare foods;
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications;
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food using thermostats and thermometers, including monitoring freezer systems, such as fans, drains, and doors, for proper operation, and report issues or problems to facility management;
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum service to guests;
- Report maintenance issues immediately to appropriate personnel (i.e., management or maintenance);
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served in to control food waste and ensure that good food is not thrown away;
- Inform Chef of any excess food items that can be used in daily specials or elsewhere;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations;
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance (e.g., A1, A2 and QA).
Sanitation and Maintenance:
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment to ensure sanitary conditions and meet the departmental standards, including using sanitizers required by health department.
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food to identify needed items and ensure neat and orderly storage, and communicate potential product shortages, or price changes, to supervisor/ manager.
Kitchen Tools and Equipment:
- Use baking tools (for example, rolling pin, dough scraper, biscuit and dumpling cutters, sifter) to prepare baked foods;
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately, including using appropriate tools to open cartons, boxes, and cans; keeping knives sharpened; using proper knife handling procedures; using correct knives for particular food item or specific task; using dry pads when moving hot material; and engaging all appropriate safety devices prior to operating equipment;
- Use measuring tools (for example, scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons) to precisely measure ingredients and portion sizes.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items;
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment;
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils;
- Prepare breads and pastries, including preparing doughs and fillings, proofing, baking breads and breakfast pastries, and decorating as appropriate;
- Review Production Sheet to understand daily variety of baked goods to be produced, finished, packaged, and stocked;
- Mix icings, frosting, and glazes to decorate pastry items using icing bags, cutters, and miscellaneous hand tools;
- Prepare bakery merchandise by accurately following thawing and baking guidelines to ensure product quality and visual appearance within production timelines;
- Convert measurements (for example, teaspoons to tablespoons) using measurement chart;
- Monitor food quality while preparing food and throughout the day utilizing the HACCP forms and production charts;
- Wash and peel (if required) fresh fruits and vegetables to prepare them for cooking or consumption.
Maintenance, Sanitation, and Cleaning Activities:
- Ensure food storage areas are clean.
- Technical, trade, or vocational school degree;
- At least 2 years of related work experience in pastry industry;
- Knowledge of Russian language; knowledge of English language will be a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send their CV and photos of prepared pastries, cakes and other sweets to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 13 September 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 September 2017
ABOUT: Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
This announcement has been retrieved 504 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.