"SOS Children's Villages" Armenian Charity Foundation
TITLE: National Family Based Care Advisor
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: SOS Children's Villages Armenia is looking for a National Family Based Care Advisor to lead the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Family Based Care (FBC) programmes' activities, in accordance with the organisational standards and strategies.
- Lead the development of Family Based Care (FBC) strategy and plans;
- Draft and update the Concepts and Guidelines on FBC based on SOS Children's Villages International policies and guidelines, and the current legislation of the Republic of Armenia;
- Support the National Programme Development Director (NPDD) in implementing and monitoring standards related to the quality of child and youth care of SOS Children's Villages programmes;
- Perform an advising role by evaluating and monitoring the quality of implementation of child and youth care programme services based on relevant child care standards, SOS Children's Villages Programme Policy and other policies and standards.
- University degree in psycho, social or educational science;
- At least 3 years of working experience in relevant fields of psycho-social-educational programmes or child and family development programmes;
- Advanced knowledge of standards and current directions of development in the field of child rights, prevention and alternative care, and social welfare system;
- Good knowledge of legal issues related to social welfare;
- Experience in project management, planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Good knowledge of local professional psycho-social network;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English language;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Will and ability to cope with flexible working hours;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Computer literacy (MS Office).
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL CRITERIA:
- Additional education in the field complementary to the basic education;
- Knowledge of national policy developments in the area of child welfare;
- Experience in advising and consulting work;
- Experience and readiness to work in a team;
- Readiness for professional development;
- Driving licence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their detailed CV and Application Letter, only in English language, addressing the relevant qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please make sure you mention the position title "National Family Based Care Advisor" in the subject line of your e-mail. Applicants who fail to meet the above-mentioned requirements, may risk the consideration of their candidacy due to the filtering process. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 15 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: SOS Children's Villages Armenian Charity Foundation is a child-centered organisation, which has a core mission of providing care and development for children in difficult life circumstances. For further information, please visit: www.sos-kd.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 939 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.