"SOS Children's Villages" Armenian Charity Foundation
TITLE: Local Construction Project Manager
LOCATION: v. Kotayk, Kotayk Region, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: SOS Children's Villages Armenia is looking for a Local Construction Project Manager for organizing and implementing the needed renovation work in SOS Children's Villages "Kotayk" Programme.
- Participate in preparing Bill of Quantities detailed description of needed renovation works, tender specific requirements and other needed tender documentation;
- Support the national association to obtain all needed technical permissions for renovation of the facility;
- Monitor the planning process and that all construction and renovation is to SOS Children's Villages construction guidelines;
- Supervise the tender procedure;
- Negotiate with the bidders together with CPM/ ND and prepare the forms "Analysis of Offer" and "Construction Contract Checklist" accordingly;
- Visit the construction site regularly. Ensure that the measurements and the quality and quantity of construction materials or elements used are regularly checked;
- Provide regular progress reports including budget tracking;
- Check and pre-sign invoices and forward them, together with mass lists (measurement sheets) containing exact quantities, to the CPM for a final check;
- Provide a summary report on construction progress with photographs each 2 weeks and forward these reports to the IOR Construction Manager;
- Prepare the required reports (Construction Project Report) and forward these reports to the IOR Construction Manager every 2 months (or more often if required by the IOR);
- Monitor the budget with the general contractor and send updates to the IOR Construction Project Manager and the National Director;
- Assist the national association in taking over (together with the IOR Construction Manager) of all services of the contractors.
- Diploma in Architecture or Civil Engineering;
- At least 10 years of experience of project managing renovation or construction projects;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Excellent communicator with good written and spoken skills;
- Ability to work to deadlines and a track record of keeping projects on or under budget;
- A strong team player who can also function independently;
- Availability of a driving licence.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are asked to apply by sending their detailed CV and Application Letter, only in English language, addressing the relevant qualifications and experience to: email@example.com . Please make sure you mention the position title "Local Construction Project Manager" in the subject line of your e-mail. Applicants who fail to meet the above-mentioned requirements, may risk the consideration of their candidacy due to the filtering process. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 18 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 07 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: SOS Children's Villages Armenian Charity Foundation is a child centered organisation, which has a core mission of providing care and development for children in difficult life circumstances. For further information, please visit: www.sos-kd.am.
This announcement has been retrieved 840 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.