Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office
TITLE: Regional Program Manager
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
START DATE/ TIME: The start date of the position is contingent upon donor's final approval.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Regional Program Manager (RPM) will be responsible for overall oversight of "Youth Up 4 Change: Better Skills for Successful Transition" regional program to be implemented in Armenia, Georgia and Ukraine. RPM will be responsible for programmatic, financial and administrative management of program to ensure quality and timely implementation of program activities, compliance and reporting according to donor and SC quality standards, cross-country partnership and coordination, liaison with national stakeholders and line ministries.
Program Oversight and Management
- Responsible for overall coordination of "Youth Up 4 Change: Better Sills for Successful Transition" regional program implementation, including programmatic, financial and administrative management;
- Ensure compliance of program implementation by Save the Children and local partners with quality standards and donor requirements;
- Manage the budget for the project in Armenia and provide technical support and oversight to budget holders in Georgia and Ukraine;
- Ensure that the program is implemented in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategy;
- Set-up a mechanism and ensure quality and timely programmatic and financial reporting by local partners in three countries;
- Ensure development and submission of timely and high quality progress annual and final reports to member and donor;
- Work closely with Advocacy Experts and Education and Youth Experts of Country Offices on design and implementation of youth capacity building activities, development of training materials, interaction with line ministries.
- Consult with the Regional Programme Steering Committee for planning, coordination and review of the project implementation and progress on a regular basis;
- Work closely with country program coordinators/ officers in Armenia, Georgia and Ukraine to ensure quality and timely implementation of program activities, including by local partners based on detailed annual work plans. Ensure cross-country coordination and partnership through regular online and face to face meetings, country exchange visits and ongoing technical support;
- Establish and maintain partnership with relevant ministries, including Ministry of Sport and Youth Issues, Ministry of Education and Science, Ministry of Labour and Social Issues, Professional Orientation Centres and other government structures, international and local NGOs working on vocational education and youth issues at the regional, national, provincial and community levels;
- Promote knowledge and experience exchange between implementing countries, adaptation and integration of best approaches, tools and practices.
Staff Management, Mentorship and Development
- Participate and support recruitment of Save the Children and partner programmatic staff in 3 implementing countries;
- Ensure that all staff fully understand and are able to perform their role. Define staff expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly;
- Establish and maintain result based monitoring system. Manage the performance of regional program staff through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- At least 5 years of management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience;
- Master's degree in Management, Political Science, Development Studies or in another field of social sciences;
- Solid experience of working on youth programming, including vocational education, non-formal and informal education;
- Good understanding of youth issues and challenges in CIS countries, specifically in Armenia, Georgia and Ukraine;
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from EU;
- Solid leadership and program management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results;
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English language; excellent report-writing skills;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for the position candidates are asked to send their cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Regional Program Manager" in the subject line of the message. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Save the Children International needs to keep children safe so its selection process reflects the Organization's commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 22 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children, working in over 120 countries. Since its establishment in Armenia in 1993, Save the Children has managed a range of relief and development programs in aid to the most vulnerable children and their families in the country. The Organization has worked in more than 500 communities in Armenia to deliver more than 900 projects. The Organization's current strategic priorities (2016-2018) aim at addressing issues related to child protection, child rights governance, inclusive education, and child poverty.
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and works on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. Save the Children also campaigns and advocates at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Save the Children is working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday;
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that;
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Save the Children knows that great people make a great organization, and that the Regional Program Manager will play a crucial role in helping Save the Children achieve its ambitions for children.
This announcement has been retrieved 1725 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.