TITLE: National Socio-Economist/ Community Participation Specialist for SPPA-A Project
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All the qualified individual experts.
START DATE/ TIME: February 2018
DURATION: Long-term (February 2018 - June 2020)
LOCATION: Kapan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Consecoard LLC is looking for a National Socio-Economist/ Community Participation Specialist for SPPA-A Project. Under the supervision of Team Leader (or the Deputy Team Leader in case of the Team Leader's absence), the National Socio-Economist/ Community Participation Specialist will provide technical advice, coordination and facilitation in support of the implementation of the socio-economic development component of the SPPA-A project.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The specific tasks of the National Socio-Economist/ Community Participation Specialist comprise, but are not limited to the following:
- Support the Team Leader (TL) and Deputy Team Leader (DTL) in developing strategies for and steering the socio-economic development component of the Project;
- Based on the results of respective assessments and studies, assist in developing and updating investment and operational plans, with a particular focus on socio-economic development, community participation and stakeholder involvement in the support zones of the Project's PAs;
- Contribute to the preparation of tender documents required for the contracting of external providers of services and goods in support of socio-economic development in the project area, participate in the evaluation of respective tenders, and assist the TL/ DTL in the supervision of contractors;
- With a focus on socio-economic development, community participation and stakeholder involvement, assist in the implementation of other project activities, incl.:
a) Work of Regional Advisory Boards (RABs);
b) Implementation of Quick Start Measures (QSM);
c) Financial Participatory Approach (FPA) processes;
d) Investments to improve project communities' household energy status;
e) Community participation in environment protection;
f) Eco-tourism development in the project area;
g) Co-funding schemes (if any) to attract additional socio-economic investment in the Project's PA support zones;
- Contribute to progress and other reports to be prepared by the Project, with a focus on socio-economic investments and activities in support of the project communities;
- Carry out other tasks which might reasonably be given by the TL/ DTL in the context of overall project implementation.
- Postgraduate qualification (preferably MSc or equivalent) in Socio-Economics, Sociology, Economics (with a specialisation in Microeconomics and/ or small businesses administration), Agricultural Economics, Rural Development, Agriculture, or a similarly relevant subject;
- At least 7 years of practical work experience as a Consultant in a similar position;
- Previous work experience in projects supporting both natural resources management and socio-economic development;
- Good knowledge of and experience with empiric social research, qualitative rapid assessment approaches, and approaches promoting active community engagement;
- Practical work experience livelihood development in rural Armenia;
- Ability to work well in a rural/ remote project context;
- Dedication to the concerns of local communities and people;
- Previous work experience with donor-funded socio-economic and/ or rural development projects;
- Excellent command of both English and Armenian languages (written and oral);
- Strong computer (MS Office and internet) skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are asked to send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 22 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 January 2017
ABOUT COMPANY: Consecoard LLC is one of the consulting firms forming the consortium to implement the five-year "Support Programme for Protected Areas – Armenia".
ABOUT: The purpose of the five-year "Support Programme for Protected Areas – Armenia" (SPPA-A, 2015-2020) is to improve natural resources and protected areas management in the southern part of Syunik Region, Armenia, while at the same time improving the socio-economic situation of adjacent communities. This is to contribute to maintaining biodiversity in the South Caucasus, without negatively affecting the income situation and the livelihoods of the rural population in the long term. The Project is supported by the German Financial Cooperation through KfW Development Bank.
The Project supports 7 protected areas (approx. 80,000 ha) which are managed by Zangezur Biosphere Complex SNCO and 32 communities in the vicinity of these protected areas (Pas) which administratively belong to the districts of Meghri, Kapan, Goris and Sisian.
The Project Executing Agency (PEA) is the Ministry of Nature Protection (MoNP). A Project Implementation Unit (PIU) has been established by a consortium of consulting firms to implement the Project on behalf of MoNP.
This announcement has been retrieved 718 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.