|World Vision Armenia|
TITLE: Business Facilitator for "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project
DURATION: Fixed-term, 2 years
LOCATION: Tchambarak, Gegharkunik Marz, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Facilitator will be responsible for project implementation in Tchambarak area. This includes the operation of the Business Facilitation Unit, as well as timely reporting and execution of activities defined in Implementation Plan (25% of work time). Business Facilitator will be also responsible for small business development, including provision of advice, referrals and networks to beneficiaries, as well as coaching and support to Advisory Council (75% of work time).
- Ensure smooth implementation of all project activities as per the elaborated Project Action Plan and ensure compliance with the project goal and donor requirements;
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems;
- Submit timely, accurate and professional progress reports to the supervisor;
- Oversee the implementation of project activities by the project implementing partners as per the signed Agreements;
- Provide advice and referrals to business owners/ other beneficiaries;
- Provide business training and support with other capacity building initiatives;
- Provide target business owners with follow-up business coaching upon request;
- Actively encourage and support the development of business peer support groups and counsellors;
- Support business clients to start or expand their business by providing tailored advice, information, training, referrals through the coaching process;
- Regularly research business opportunities, community needs and assets in target area;
- Develop a comprehensive database of local networks and service providers that can assist local businesses and the community-based councils with business development;
- Link/ refer individual and group clients to local service providers such as banks and training organisations;
- Create linkages/ networks with financial institutions and/ or other organisations or bodies that can assist in stimulating or advancing business development in the target area;
- Support the development of business groups, networks to improve business in local area;
- Intentionally reflect on actions and learn from successes and failures;
- Actively engage with fellow business facilitators for learning and support.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Economics, Commerce, Business or related field/s; master's degree is preferred;
- Good knowledge of community development, empowerment and/ or coaching principles and approaches;
- Good knowledge on research and reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in small business development and management, including marketing, financial management and research. (e.g. owning or operating a business, or by providing business development services);
- Demonstrated experience in relationship development, supporting, empowering and/ or coaching others and networking;
- Demonstrated experience in development, community empowerment, working with community-based organisations;
- Good experience in networking;
- Report writing experience;
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Armenian and English languages;
- Computer aptitude and experience with word processors;
- Analytical and problem-solving orientation, good interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, adaptability and flexibility;
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience within tourism development projects is preferred;
- Driver's license and driving experience is preferred;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 50% of the time;
- Person prepared to often travel to implementation sites as required.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-armenia and send your CV to: email@example.com . No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position ("Business Facilitator for "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project").
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
WV Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. Area Programs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
ABOUT: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the promotion of tourism and culture in Gegharkunik and Vayots Dzor regions with a view to enhancing economic development and reducing poverty in these target areas. The project will generate greater economic benefits for over 15 targeted communities creating employment and self-employment opportunities for locals; it will also improve working conditions and access to the market of tourism. The project will contribute to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage and revitalization of the cultural life. Finally, it will involve the citizenry in the decision-making process on community development issues and increase their trust towards civil society organizations and local authorities. In other words, the project strives to make the communities a better place to live and for tourists to visit.
This announcement has been retrieved 691 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.