|World Vision Armenia|
TITLE: Project Manager for "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project
DURATION: Fixed-term, 2 years
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Manager will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. He/ she will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor, partners and local government entities.
Project Manager will manage Business Facilitator and work with Project Coordinator and Business Facilitator from co-applicant organization and will ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project. The Project Manager is expected to have strong leadership qualities and depth and breadth of technical and management expertise. He/ she also provides strategic leadership and supervision of partners, consultants, service contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the project and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
- Direct and oversee project implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance;
- Manage performance of direct reports based on agreed priorities and targets;
- Duly conduct performance planning and evaluation of direct reports;
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems. Submit timely accurate and professional reports that meet donor requirements;
- Manage project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors. Ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits;
- Liaise with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate. Facilitate learning of best practices on project's technical areas and other donor organizations;
- Establish clear and frequent communication regarding Project progress and oversight management with the donor.
- Master's degree in Economics, Development Studies, Marketing or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of extensive international development experience;
- Experiences in the projects funded by EU or other international donors;
- Proven ability of project management;
- Good knowledge of community development, empowerment and/ or coaching principles and approaches;
- Good experience in networking;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, their policies and regulations;
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to maintain productive relationships with the various national and local government entities in Armenia;
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals;
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country;
- Strong presentation and report writing skills;
- Experience in tourism development projects;
- Experience in community development projects;
- Self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Armenian and English languages;
- Driver's license and driving experience is preferred;
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of the time.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-armenia and send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org . No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention the title of the position ("Project Manager for "Civil Society and Local Authorities Acting together for Sustainable Development" Project").
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives. Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision pursues life in all its fullness for every child and serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. WV Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Programs that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. Area Programs are focused on promoting child well-being through community participation and ownership.
ABOUT: The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the promotion of tourism and culture in Gegharkunik and Vayots Dzor regions with a view to enhancing economic development and reducing poverty in these target areas. The project will generate greater economic benefits for over 15 targeted communities creating employment and self-employment opportunities for locals; it will also improve working conditions and access to the market of tourism. The project will contribute to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage and revitalization of the cultural life. Finally, it will involve the citizenry in the decision-making process on community development issues and increase their trust towards civil society organizations and local authorities. In other words, the project strives to make the communities a better place to live and for tourists to visit.
This announcement has been retrieved 1440 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.