HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC
TITLE: Fraud Operations Officer
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates.
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Fraud Operations function provides a range of risk management services owning the card and digital banking fraud controls in the disciplines of fraud risk management.
The main activity of fraud operations are on-going monitoring and responding to card fraud alerts via online system – Smart Vista Fraud Guard, reviewing and analyzing the ATM card fraud alert, card blocking and unblocking, preparing fraud reports, providing feedback on the effectiveness of fraud risk management controls and alerts, monitoring of transaction performed via internet banking by responding to the system generated alerts. Overall the fraud operations activities are defined as maintaining controls aimed to deter, detect and protect the fraud risk events. The main activity of the department is defined as protection of people, property, assets and information by reducing the risk to the bank and its customers from terrorism, crime, incidents, disasters, fraud, theft, corruption or loss, whether caused deliberately or inadvertently by the staff and/or external parties.
The job holder provides fraud operations, alerts management, system application and control management advice in order to reduce losses. The fraud operations officer is responsible for developing and maintaining best practices to guard against and reduce financial fraud and crimes against the organization, its customers, members and employees; resolving fraud related issues in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Monitor and respond to credit card alerts generated in online system – Smart Vista Fraud Guard;
- Review, monitor and respond to offline alerts generated through regular reports based on ATM card transactions;
- Responsible for online monitoring of Internet Banking fraud alerts and arranging the case closure operations in conjunction with payments cut-off times for smooth end-to-end operation of customer payment instructions;
- Collect intelligence data, direct and support the enhancement of fraud detection and prevention control designed and operating effectiveness;
- Responsible for preparation and timely submission of fraud reports to the regulator and the Bank Management;
- Review and analyze suspicious activities to determine emerging fraud trends and prong constructive and structured feedback for fraud rules prompt amendments;
- Undertake operations assessments to ensure robust controls are in place to mitigate fraud risk;
- Adhere fraud strategies and policies and convert the policy requirements into fraud operations actions;
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures;
- Adhere to all known laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance.
- University degree with good knowledge of banking industry;
- Knowledge of the card and digital fraud industry and effective crime risk management processes gained through personal development, vocational and academic qualifications;
- Person experienced in the international business environment with a sound understanding and appreciation of cultural norms;
- Strategic vision and an awareness of the environment within which the company operates;
- Proven leadership with sound judgment of people and issues;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Armenian, English and Russian languages;
- Proven organizational and analytical skills;
- Pro-active approach and willingness to take the initiative;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Card industry operations, Smart Vista System and ability to quickly adapt to new software applications.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All the interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to fill in the last updated version of HSBC Application Form attached below and send it to: email@example.com . The old versions of application forms will not be reviewed. Please, put in the subject line of the email "Fraud Operations Officer". Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 28 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: HSBC Bank Armenia was established as a Closed Joint Stock Company under the name Midland Armenia Bank J.S.C. in 1996 and was renamed into HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC in 1999. The Bank is a joint venture between the HSBC Group, which has a 70 percent ownership, and the members of overseas Armenian businesses with 30 percent ownership. HSBC Bank Armenia CJSC offers products and services to individuals, as well as to corporate customers in Armenia and abroad.
This announcement has been retrieved 789 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.