People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Logistics/ Office Assistant
START DATE/ TIME: February
DURATION: 6 months, with a possible extension.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: People in Need is recruiting a Logistics/ Office Assistant for European Union grants: "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" and "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" as well as for the "Socio-economic Reintegration of Returnee Migrants" Project. The Logistics and Office Assistant will support the PIN staff in administrative and logistic aspects of PINs work in Armenia, the frame of the implementation of the "Socio-economic Reintegration of Returnee Migrants" Project, "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project and "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project.
- Arrange transportation and hotels for the staff and PIN visitors in/ around Armenia;
- Responsible for translation and interpretation in English, Armenian and Russian languages;
- Submit correspondence and documentation to donors and other external stakeholders;
- Perform other ongoing and incidental tasks assigned by the Country Director, Head of Office, Project Managers, Finance Manager and Operations Coordinator;
- Participate and assist project staff with purchases of goods and services according to PIN and donor rules, assist Operations Coordinator in collecting of the biddings/ quotations;
- Provide administrative support to project staff as assigned by the Country Director, Project Manager, Finance Manager and Operations Coordinator;
- Provide administrative office assistance (including filling, drafting correspondence and financial documentation).
- At least 1 year of experience in the relevant field;
- PC proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); social media skills are an advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision Dynamics, ELO archiving system would be an advantage;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages (listening, reading, writing, and speaking); good knowledge of Russian language; fluency in Russian language would be an advantage;
- Working experience in the NGO field will be a plus;
- Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Trustworthy and reliable person;
- Ability to plan own work; time management skills;
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/ communications in a clear, concise style;
- Teamwork skills: good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 80,000 AMD - 150,000 AMD (Net) monthly depending on experience. Benefits: 60% subsidy for voluntary health insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English language);
- Full CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to: email@example.com mentioning the title ("Logistics/ Office Assistant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/ Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2009 and has offices in Yerevan.
ABOUT: The main goal of the "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project is to create sustainable jobs for people in Shirak and increase the competitiveness of SMEs working along the wool value chain in Shirak. Within the Project a wool processing factory will be established in Amasia; jobseekers in wool crafts will increase their employability trough capacity building activities; cooperation with educational institutions will be enhanced to increase awareness and motivation of students on textile /wool value chain; Association of Shirak wool crafts SMEs will be established to promote wool value chain products in local and international markets/.
The main goal of the "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project is to promote cooperation between civil society organizations and local authorities in Syunik in creating incentives for sustainable development through territorial approach in the field of tourism.
Within the Project a hiking and biking trail will be developed with community participation and made accessible to tourists; tourist attractions and services along the Trail will be developed and promoted through on-line channels.
This announcement has been retrieved 2286 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.