People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Finance Manager
START DATE/ TIME: February
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: People in Need is recruiting a Finance Manager to be responsible for overall financial management of European Union grants: "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" and "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik". The Finance Manager supervises all the financial and administrative aspects of PINs work in Armenia, the frame of the implementation of the "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project and "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project.
- Ensure update of mission coverage tools; supervise/ correct allocation of overhead costs by financial and logistics staff; manage mission cash flow;
- In cooperation with project staff, create new budgets;
- Work with ELO and Navision softwares;
- Responsible for backup for monthly accountancy checks (done by Finance/ Operations Coordinator and HQ Accountant); responsible for regular cross checks of cash and bank balance reconciliations;
- Supervise cash registers: check cash register documentation for completeness and quality, provide technical backup for cash posting; ensure that mandatory quarterly cash counts are done and sent to HQ;
- Facilitate yearly closure and send related documents to HQ (cash counts, financial security update);
- In cooperation with Project Managers negotiate partner budgets and agree on yearly/ quarterly budgets and budget modifications; regularly check partners financial reports, provide consultations and support to partners;
- Ensure that trainings of PIN partners in PIN financial reporting rules are conducted;
- Check monthly payroll and related timesheet calculations; participate in update of salary grid as required;
- Create and improve financial training modules and ensure/ organize financial trainings.
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in financial management and accounting; experience with accounting and bookkeeping procedures;
- Knowledge of Armenian tax laws, policies, banking and other regulations, affecting international project accounting;
- PC proficiency (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint); social media skills are an advantage;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision Dynamics, ELO archiving system would be as advantage;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages (listening, reading, writing and speaking);
- Working experience in the NGO field will be a plus;
- Attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure;
- Trustworthy and reliable person;
- Professionalism: proven communication and negotiation skills with local and regional level representatives;
- Planning and organizing skills: ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Management skills: ability to manage the partners financial activities;
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/ communications in a clear, concise style;
- Teamwork skills: good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 330,000 AMD - 370,000 AMD (Net) monthly depending on experience. Benefits: 60% subsidy for voluntary health insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English language);
- Full CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to: email@example.com mentioning the title ("Finance Manager") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2009 and has offices in Yerevan.
ABOUT: The main goal of the "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project is to create sustainable jobs for people in Shirak and increase the competitiveness of SMEs working along the wool value chain in Shirak. Within the Project a wool processing factory will be established in Amasia; jobseekers in wool crafts will increase their employability trough capacity building activities; cooperation with educational institutions will be enhanced to increase awareness and motivation of students on textile /wool value chain; Association of Shirak wool crafts SMEs will be established to promote wool value chain products in local and international markets/.
The main goal of the "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project is to promote cooperation between civil society organizations and local authorities in Syunik in creating incentives for sustainable development through territorial approach in the field of tourism. Within the Project a hiking and biking trail will be developed with community participation and made accessible to tourists; tourist attractions and services along the Trail will be developed and promoted through on-line channels.
This announcement has been retrieved 2674 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.