People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Project Manager for "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project
START DATE/ TIME: February
DURATION: 3 years
LOCATION: Goris, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: People in Need is recruiting a Project Manager to be responsible for overall project and financial management of European Union grant "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" and provide support to the team through coordination of project implementation and liaison with donors, partners and stakeholders. The Project Manager will be directly responsible for all components of management of the "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik". The Project Manager will work in close coordination with People in Need's senior management in Armenia and Georgia, namely the Head of Office, Finance Manager, Country Director and be the main point of contact for project partners and other project stakeholders. The Project Manager will be based in Goris with regular field travels to Kapan and Yerevan.
- Provide technical expertise in the Project to ensure activities are implemented with high quality;
- Manage the budget and assist in the development of cash-flow projections and budget forecasting;
- Ensure all Project activities, procurement and spending are in compliance with both People in Need and donor rules and regulations;
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor field activities, provide advisory support to partners team members and beneficiaries;
- Ensure programs are based on sound design principles utilizing PIN and donor required M&E systems and design a realistic M&E plan for the project;
- Responsible for all donor reporting and external communication of the project;
- Provide support to the Country Director in identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities.
- Perform other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- At least 3 years of progressive management experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society development, tourism development programs;
- Experience/ skills on community mobilization;
- Experience/ skills in outdoor tourism development sector;
- Experience/ skills in grants management;
- Understanding of and proficiency in the use of monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Experience with budget management, financial forecasting and donor compliance issues;
- Proven experience and good knowledge of office administration processes, procurement and techniques;
- University degree in a related field;
- Professionalism: proven communication and negotiation skills with local and regional level representatives;
- Planning and organizing skills: ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Management skills: ability to manage to manage the works of partners;
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/ communications in a clear, concise style;
- Technology awareness: demonstrated experience with MS Office suite application particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; social media skills is an advantage;
- Teamwork skills: good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages (listening, reading, writing, and speaking).
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 300,000 AMD - 350,000 AMD (Net) monthly depending on experience. Benefits: 60% subsidy for voluntary health insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English language);
- Full CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to: email@example.com mentioning the title ("Project Manager for "EU4Tourism: Outdoor Adventures on Historic Trails in Syunik" Project") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/ Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2009 and has offices in Yerevan.
ABOUT: The main goal of the Project is to promote cooperation between civil society organisations and local authorities in Syunik in creating incentives for sustainable development through territorial approach in the field of tourism.
Within the Project a hiking and biking trail will be developed with community participation and made accessible to tourists; tourist attractions and services along the Trail will be developed and promoted through on-line channels.
This announcement has been retrieved 2564 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.