People in Need Czech NGO Representative Office in Armenia
TITLE: Project Manager for "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project
START DATE/ TIME: March
DURATION: 2 years
LOCATION: Amasia, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: People in Need is recruiting a Project Manager to be responsible for overall project and financial management of European Union grant: "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" and provide support to the team through coordination of Project implementation and liaison with donors, partners and stakeholders. The Project Manager will be directly responsible for all components of management of the Project "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs". The Project Manager will work in close coordination with People in Need's senior management in Armenia and Georgia, namely the Head of Office, Finance Manager, Country Director and be the main point of contact for project partners and other project stakeholders. The Project Manager will be based in Amasia with regular field travels to Gyumri and Yerevan.
- Provide technical expertise in the Project to ensure activities are implemented with high quality;
- Manage the budget and assist in the development of cash-flow projections and budget forecasting;
- Ensure all Project activities, procurement and spending are in compliance with both People in Need and donor rules and regulations;
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor field activities, provide advisory support to partners team members and beneficiaries;
- Ensure programs are based on sound design principles utilizing PIN and donor required M&E systems and design a realistic M&E plan for the project;
- Responsible for all donor reporting and external communication of the project;
- Provide support to the Country Director in identifying and pursuing fundraising opportunities.
- University degree in a related field;
- At least 3 years of progressive management experience in the NGO field with a focus on civil society and economic development; understanding of wool value chain is a plus;
- Experience/ skills in working with communities;
- Experience/ skills in crafts sector: production, promotion and selling;
- Experience/ skills in grants management;
- Understanding of and proficiency in the use of monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Experience with budget management, financial forecasting and donor compliance issues;
- Proven experience and good knowledge of office administration processes, procurement and techniques;
- Fluency in English and Armenian languages (listening, reading, writing and speaking);
- Professionalism: proven communication and negotiation skills with local and regional level representatives;
- Planning and organizing skills: ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities;
- Management skills: ability to manage the works of partners;
- Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/ communications in a clear, concise style;
- Technology awareness: demonstrated experience with MS Office suite application particularly with Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; social media skills are an advantage;
- Teamworking skills: good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 300,000 AMD - 350,000 AMD (Net) monthly depending on experience. Benefits: 60% subsidy for voluntary health insurance.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English language);
- Full CV (in English language);
- Contacts of 3 references including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment․
The above shall be sent to։ email@example.com mentioning the title ("Project Manager for "EU4Shirak: Wool for Jobs" Project") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls, please.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 29 December 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 January 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: People in Need is a Czech non-governmental organization that provides relief aid and development assistance, while working to defend human rights and democratic freedom. It is one of the largest relief and development organizations in Central/ Eastern Europe and has administered projects in 37 countries over the past 20 years. People in Need has been working in Armenia since 2009 and has offices in Yerevan.
ABOUT: The main goal of the Project is to create sustainable jobs for people in Shirak and increase the competitiveness of SMEs working along the wool value chain in Shirak. Within the Project a wool processing factory will be established in Amasia; jobseekers in wool crafts will increase their employability trough capacity building activities; cooperation with educational institutions will be enhanced to increase awareness and motivation of students on textile/ wool value chain; association of Shirak wool crafts SMEs will be established to promote wool value chain products in local and international markets/.
This announcement has been retrieved 2135 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.