Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Web Development Workshop Leader/ Content Developer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a Web Development Workshop Leader/ Content Developer to join the Educational Content Development team to lead Web Development workshops, create content and design educational material for Tumo's students across all Tumo centers, working year-round to develop and fine-tune the educational curriculum at Tumo.
- Design and lead Web Development workshops for Tumo's students;
- Work in Yerevan but travel to other Tumo locations at least twice a year for month-long workshops;
- Develop students' skills through designing educational material for student self-learning;
- Collect and evaluate students' results at the completion of every workshop and store them for their portfolios;
- Examine students' self-learning results and provide daily feedback to them;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- University degree related to web development or an affiliated field from a leading institution of higher learning and in-depth knowledge of the subject;
- Work experience in the specified field is a plus;
- Experience in education and ability to work with teenagers is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and public speaking ability;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and Sublime Text (or similar IDE or code editor);
- Knowledge of Armenian language; knowledge of English language is preferred;
- Strong research skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to maintain deadlines and ensure high productivity.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio to: email@example.com by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Web Development Workshop Leader/ Content Developer". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 16 January 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 2216 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.