TITLE: Grain Processing Expert
TERM: Full-time, 40 hours a week
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates.
START DATE/ TIME: 01 March 2018
DURATION: 6 months, with 1 month of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Shen NGO is looking for an experienced Grain Processing Expert who will conduct trainings for the beneficiary 2 agricultural cooperatives in the field of grain processing (mill - production of crushed spelt, grain refining and winnowing). He/ she will be responsible for provision of professional expertise in management of the processing units including control of technological processes. The incumbent will be employed by Shen NGO Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia" funded by the EU. The job will be based in Yerevan, with frequent travels to Syunik marz of Armenia.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Management, the incumbent will:
- Study the existing knowledge and skills of the targeted 2 cooperatives in grain processing;
- Draft a training program on "Grain Processing";
- Develop training materials for publishing;
- Conduct theoretical trainings for the members of cooperatives;
- Support cooperatives to set up processing units (installation of equipment and consultancy);
- Provide technical and technological assistance as well as on-job trainings on the exploitation and operation of the processing units including maintenance and utilization of processing equipment;
- Support cooperatives to solve product quality issues, to improve efficiency and reduce costs of production;
- Write analytical reports with recommendations for the project management;
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS/ MS in Food Science, Food Technology or a related field;
- At least 3 years of proven work experience in grain processing;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; working knowledge of English and Russian languages.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: N/A
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com , stating the position title ("Grain Processing Expert") in the email subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 23 January 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 Fabruary 2018
ABOUT: Shen NGO, in partnership with village communities of Geghamasar, Areguni and Pambak of Gegharkunik marz and pasture users' union consumer cooperatives of Shaghat, Angeghakot and Shaki communities of Syunik marz are carrying out the Project "Integrated Support for Sustainable Economic Development in Rural Mountainous Areas of Armenia". The project aims to contribute to the local economic growth in targeted rural areas by creating sustainable jobs and increasing regional competitiveness in the two clusters of communities.
This announcement has been retrieved 1491 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.