|Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST)|
TITLE: Vice-President/ Director of Acceleration and Incubation Programs
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All interested candidates
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long term, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is seeking an experienced individual to develop and manage acceleration and incubation programs. The Vice-President/ Director of Acceleration and Incubation Programs will be responsible for overall leadership of all innovation, entrepreneurship, and startup development and growth programs, including developing a network of mentors, investors and startups. The candidate will be responsible for seamless program creation, delivery, and quality control and evaluation. In this newly established role, the incumbent will ensure every program is innovative, delivered successfully, and managed with care. This is a good opportunity for an individual with program development and team management experience. The successful candidate will build new programs, lead them, and partner and work collaboratively with the management team. The Vice-President/ Director of Acceleration and Incubation Programs is expected to uphold the values and vision of the Organization.
- Initiate, develop, and implement acceleration and incubation programs according to the strategic objectives of the Organization;
- Plan programs from start to completion, including deadlines, milestones, and processes;
- Develop and implement strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas;
- Plan the activities, resources, budgets and operations of Acceleration and Incubation Programs;
- Generate deal flows, screening of proposals, research, working with entrepreneurs for their proposals, sending proposals to the next level for selecting incubates;
- Induct new entrepreneurs, create incubation plans and implement them, assist in writing business plans, keep track of the incubation process, help the startups prepare proposals for getting funding, etc.;
- Plan various workshops, events and webinars for programs;
- Create the best possible environment in which science and technology related startups can grow and succeed;
- Develop the mentor network for the incubator and work with them to make the incubated venture successful;
- Forge partnerships with other organizations for providing services to the startups or the Foundation; marketing the program, sponsorships, etc. Liaise with the government and industries;
- Actively promote programs through various channels;
- Establish KPI benchmarks, monitor and measure effectiveness;
- Work with co-ordination with management for setting up grant support and seed funds for start-ups;
- Responsible for administration of the acceleration/ incubation programs and any other activities which requires the Director's involvement;
- Coordinate the development, evaluation and implementation of programs goal and objectives;
- Develop relevant, quality training, advisory and mentorship programs, as well as ongoing mentorship of program participants;
- Responsible for high level coordination with program partners;
- Design and implement a robust communications strategy to promote programs.
- Master's degree in Entrepreneurship, Management, Business Administration, or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in program development role;
- At least 3 years of experience in a team management role;
- Demonstrated success developing, evaluating, selecting, and successfully operationalizing innovative programs;
- Experience working with information and communication technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems and metrics;
- Strong project execution skills, managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth;
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting;
- Experience working with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group;
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance;
- Deep understanding of human resources, plans for employee performance improvement, and corrective action policies;
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and proven experience negotiating win-win agreements;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to FAST's mission;
- Analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent understanding of innovation processes;
- Excellent command of English language; knowledge of Armenian and/ or Russian languages is highly desirable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to: email@example.com . Please indicate the title of the position "Vice-President/ Director of Acceleration and Incubation Programs" in the subject line of your e-mail. FAST is grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 23 January 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country's strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
This announcement has been retrieved 2139 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.