Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office
TITLE: Health Specialist
DURATION: March-April 2018
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Health Specialist (HS) will be responsible for conduction of health sessions in Save the Children's 5 target communities (Arjut, Geghasar, Varser, Vaghashen and Gegharqunik) within the framework of the Action for Child Health and Education Project. The main purpose of health sessions is to provide essential information to parents who have school age children on common health problems and issues related to school children. All educational materials will be provided by Save the Children.
- Conduct health sessions (duration 2 hours) in the 5 aforesaid rural communities of Gegharqunik and Lori provinces of Armenia on 7 different health topics. Ensure involvement of community healthcare providers as co-facilitators;
- Develop schedule for seminars and conduct sessions using interactive teaching methodology in the period of March-April 2018;
- Perform proper documentation related to the sessions, including attendance logs and knowledge assessments;
- Coordinate all activities with Save the Children's Project Coordinator and provide seminars' reports (narrative and photos) per request.
- Degree from a recognized institution in Medicine (preferable Pediatrician or Family Physician);
- Proven experience in teaching/ training and public health education;
- Good knowledge of interactive methods of education;
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to work with different groups of people;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, ability to listen and provide constructive feedback;
- Ability to travel to Gegharqunik and Lori provinces;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian language.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for the position candidates are asked to send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com mentioning "Health Specialist" in the subject line of the message. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Save the Children International needs to keep children safe so its selection process reflects the Organization's commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 25 January 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children, working in over 120 countries. Since its establishment in Armenia in 1993, Save the Children has managed a range of relief and development programs in aid to the most vulnerable children and their families in the country. The Organization has worked in more than 500 communities in Armenia to deliver more than 900 projects. The Organization's current strategic priorities (2016-2018) aim at addressing issues related to child protection, child rights governance, inclusive education, and child poverty.
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and works on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. Save the Children also campaigns and advocates at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Save the Children is working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday;
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that;
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Save the Children knows that great people make a great organization, and that the Program Officer will play a crucial role in helping Save the Children achieve its ambitions for children.
This announcement has been retrieved 2098 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.