Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: English Language Communication Specialist
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for an energetic and talented English Language Communication Specialist (native speaker) to join the Communications team, to write and produce various types of content for the Tumo Center's communication channels, to manage social media accounts and to work with media.
- Write, edit, proofread and translate various types of articles on a wide range of topics for the official website (tumo.org);
- Update content at tumo.org, using the website administration tools;
- Manage the Center's social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and additional channels that may be deemed relevant;
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread Company's mission;
- Write press releases and prepare information for the media, create announcements, prepare content of posters and presentations;
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about Company's news and other initiatives;
- Track the media coverage and social media discussions on the Center's activity;
- Work alongside the Communications team's other members to help distribute content that educates and entertains the audience and supports the goal;
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks, research and develop media contacts. Draft speeches and arrange interviews for the management;
- Manage current internal communication channels (newsletters, emails/ memos, announcements, etc.).
- Native speaker of English language; good knowledge of Armenian language;
- Experience in journalism or public relations;
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication, storytelling and reporting;
- Strong knowledge of external communications strategic practices including the use of social media;
- Creative thinking and idea generating skills;
- Detail oriented person with strong editing and proofreading skills;
- Good technical skills in Microsoft Office; experience with digital media tools, applications, and platforms, including web, social and mobile;
- Strong organization skills and ability to complete multiple, concurrent projects while meeting deadlines and delivering high-quality results.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply, please send a resume to: email@example.com. Please mention "English Language Communication Specialist" in the subject line. Only native speakers of English language will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 31 January 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, four Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with four main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 2404 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.