TITLE: Android Developer
INTENDED AUDIENCE: All interested candidates.
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Permanent, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Double Coconut is looking for an Android Developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. The candidate's primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. He/ she will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential. If the candidate is interested in creating a user-friendly environment by writing code and moving forward in career, then this job is for him/ her.
- Build advanced applications for the Android platform;
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code;
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java code;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application;
- Work with outside data sources and APIs;
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs;
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization;
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Work on the full life cycle development of all time-sensitive projects;
- Get feedback from and build solutions for users and customers;
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies.
- At least 2 years of Android development experience;
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes;
- Strong experience with Java, Android Studio and Android OS;
- Understanding of Retrofit and Gradle;
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON;
- Experience with third-party libraries;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services;
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices;
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning;
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as "touch";
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers;
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements;
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications;
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization;
- Understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills;
- Good knowledge of English language is a plus;
- Proactive and self-motivated personality;
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines;
- Team worker.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you meet the requirements above and are interested in the position announced, please send your detailed CV in Armenian or in English language with a 3x4 photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please clearly mention the position title "Android Developer" in the subject line of your message. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 06 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Double Coconut, represented in Armenia by Smart Hex LLC, is an IT development company specialized in web development and other services. For more information about the Company, please visit: http://www.doublecoconut.com/.
This announcement has been retrieved 599 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.