United Nations World Food Programme, Armenia
TITLE: Communications Officer
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: WFP/ Armenia Vacancy Announcement # 01/ 2018
DURATION: 6 months, with a possible extension
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: N/A
- Formulate and implement a media strategy to increase awareness of WFP's programmes nationally;
- Coordinate and maintain close contacts with national and international media based in the country and region;
- Monitor national media and keep management abreast of developments and opportunities to positively enhance WFP's reputation and image, and maximize the exchange of information within the Country Office units and with external partners;
- As required, coordinate and translate press releases, opinion editorials and other public documents;
- Play an active role in interagency UN advocacy and media opportunities;
- In coordination with partners, feed and update WFP Armenia social media and website by developing high quality communication materials reflecting the work of WFP in the country;
- Write content for WFP's internal and external websites;
- Prepare briefing materials and contribute to the preparation of donor proposals for management as requested;
- Attend meetings with the UN and other multilateral bodies, NGOs, member states, taking notes, sharing information, and supporting joint information programmes to increase WFP Armenia Country Office profile, and protect its interests;
- Coordinate/ manage the organisation of media interviews;
- Contribute to and provide support to the Country Office to effectively mobilise private sector resources and donations;
- Assist in placing WFP's public service announcements in broadcasting stations;
- Keep accurate records of media activities and contacts.
- Generate donor specific reports, texts, photos, videos and audio in order to support WFP Armenia Country Office in its fundraising activities while ensuring consistency with corporate messages;
- Produce multimedia materials when needed, including PowerPoint presentations;
- Produce reports on WFP public information activities as required;
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Support to the preparation of the annual Standard Project Report;
- Prepare and deliver a set of relevant information materials of key events, including factsheets and press releases;
- Contribute to the preparation of new project proposals;
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting;
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Advanced university degree in Journalism, International Relations, Public Relations, Communications or other relevant field, or first university degree with additional years of related work experience and/ or trainings/ courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English and Armenian language; intermediate knowledge (level B) of Russian language is desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in utilising specialist communications techniques to enhance functional outputs;
- Experience in supporting projects and operational activities that maintain and develop donor and host government partnerships;
- Experience in collating data, assisting in drafting resourcing analysis and collaborating with accurate and timely briefs as well as reporting to donors.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
Core Organizational Capabilities:
- Ability to understand and communicate the strategic objectives, be a force for positive change; make the mission inspiring to the Organisation's team, make the Organisation's mission visible in everyday actions, look for ways to strengthen people skills, create an inclusive culture, be a coach and provide constructive feedback, create an "I will"/ "We will" spirit, encourage innovation and creative solutions, focus on getting results, make commitments and make good on commitments, be decisive, connect and share across WFP units, build strong external partnerships, be politically agile and adaptable, and be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships.
- Media and communication expertise;
- Communication strategy and planning;
- Socio-political contextual understanding;
- Information analytics, reporting and management;
- NGO, UN and other partner collaboration.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: If you are interested in the position and meet the above-mentioned requirements, please submit your online application accompanied by an updated curriculum vitae (in English language) and UN Personal History Form (P11) through WFP e-Recruitment system at the following link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=75604&company=C0000168410P&username= .
Please, note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 19 February 2018
This announcement has been retrieved 2139 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.