British Embassy Yerevan
TITLE: Estate Project Coordinator
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: ARM18.047
TERM: Full-time, flexible working hours (35 hours per week).
START DATE/ TIME: 19 March 2018
DURATION: Fixed-term contract (until the end of October 2018).
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The British Embassy in Yerevan is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is preparing for a major estate-related project in 2018. The Embassy is now looking for an Estate Project Coordinator to recruit for a temporary position for a period of 7 months (from mid-March 2018 to end-October 2018). The main purpose of this job is to act as the Embassy's contact point on the Embassy building renovation project for both internal and external stakeholders. The job holder will have overall responsibility for the successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of the Project at hand liaising with teams in London and Yerevan.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Mission, the candidate will have a strong track-record of delivering similar estates-related projects. He/ she should be a self-starter who is well-organised with inter-personal communication skills both in English and Armenian languages, must be able to work on his/ her own and as part of a team, show initiative and be able to adapt to situations to provide a successful outcome.
- Act as a first point of contact for casual staff and suppliers, both UK and local. Assist UK colleagues (London-based Estates team as well as technical managers from other posts) and UK suppliers during their visits, including travel arrangements, hotel bookings and visas;
- Responsible for supervision of customs clearance and delivery of construction materials, new furniture and all large incoming cargos;
- Arrange the Embassy setup including logistics and the actual move in cooperation with local suppliers;
- Liaise with the landlord, UK Estates programme team and suppliers regarding Embassy setup;
- Arrange move of furniture/ possessions between the old and new Embassy; arrange reorganisation of furniture within the new Embassy;
- Liaise between London and local suppliers regarding telecommunications installation including internet, landline and television in the new Embassy in accordance with FCO Health and Security and IT standards. Assist UK suppliers with logistical work where necessary;
- Procure all the necessary items for the Embassy;
- Report progress on the project to the wider Embassy team and others as necessary, including the FCO project board;
- Complete post move details including final inventories of properties, closing contracts with local suppliers, snagging final technical and building issues;
- Work in consultation with the Ambassador and family to restore the sections of the Residence being used as offices to be fit for purpose for guests and for use as part of the Residence, liaising and directing local contractors and purchasing furniture in line with FCO guidelines;
- Perform other job-related tasks assigned by the Estates programme team and Deputy Head of Mission.
- University degree in the relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience;
- Proven track record of working in and contributing to the success of a small team;
- Excellent command of English (both written and oral) and Armenian (fluent) languages;
- Demonstrated good skills and experience in administrative and operational project works;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels;
- Excellent organisational and self-management skills in order to be able to work to tight deadlines;
- Up-to-date IT skills, including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience of working in facility/ property management sector;
- Relevant experience in an international work environment;
- University degree in Engineering, Finance or Business.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 598,104 AMD (Gross)
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please, submit your application form by the deadline through: https://fco.tal.net/vx/appcentre-ext/brand-2/candidate/so/pm/4/pl/1/opp/5284-Estate-Project-Coordinator-ARM18-047/en-GB. Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the "Application Deadline" field. The British Embassy advises candidates to allow enough time to complete and submit a full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 February 2018
ADDITIONAL NOTES: The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply.
The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion with their line manager.
This announcement has been retrieved 2217 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.