SOS Children's Villages Armenian Charity Foundation
TITLE: External Consultant for External Evaluation of "Building Strong Community for Inclusive Society in Tavush" Project
COMPETITION TYPE: Request for Applications
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Research institutions, universities, independent freelancers and individuals.
LOCATION: Ijevan, Tavush Province, Armenia
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: The evaluation will answer to the following overarching questions:
- What changes has the programme made in the lives of the participating children within target group, their families and their communities?
- How relevant, effective, efficient, sustainable and participatory are the programme interventions?
- What lessons can be drawn from the programme that can be taken to further develop the programme?
Detailed information can be found in the Terms of Reference (ToR) for External Evaluation of "Building Strong Community for Inclusive Society in Tavush" attached below.
REQUIREMENTS: The consultant (research institutions, universities, independent freelancers and individuals) must have:
- Proven competency and experience in monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment;
- A social science background;
- A good understanding of development work and partnerships;
- Good facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Proven experience as a Consultant or participatory evaluation and data collection methods;
- Strong skills in coordinating teamwork;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Armenian language;
- Ability to transfer complex concepts/ ideas into practical and simple language;
- Experience in organising research processes with/ for SOS Children's Villages is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested applicants should submit a proposal in English language to: email@example.com . The proposal must include:
- Detailed description of the applicant's or applicant team's qualifications (including CV(s) showing experience in conducting evaluations in relevant fields);
- Draft work plan and methodology. The applicant or applicant team should pay a particular attention to sequencing of travels and interviews and to the approximate amount of interviews proposed; they can indicate their preferences regarding the programme directions or activities to focus on. Any additional methodological consideration will be a plus.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this competition through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 08 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: From the roots of the organisation, SOS Children's Villages pioneered family-based child care for children who have already lost the care of their own family, through development of the SOS family childcare model. More recently, the Foundation has been developing programmes to address the situation of those children who are at risk of losing the care of their biological family. This prevention work has taken shape in the development of family strengthening projects, which aim to prevent children from losing the care of their family. Within SOS Children's Villages and family strengthening projects, the Foundation works towards its vision of a world where "every child belongs to a family, and grows with love, respect and security".
ABOUT: "Building Strong Community for Inclusive Society in Tavush" Project has been implemented by SOS Children villages Armenia since 1 June 2015. The Project has been funded by Austrian Development Agency and SOS Austria. The overall objective of the Project is to contribute to the National Child Protection Action Plan of social inclusion and poverty reduction of vulnerable children and families in Armenia, Region Tavush. The Project provides multidisciplinary need-based support (psycho-social, health, legal, educational, recreational, economic and material) to children and their care-givers to assist their strengthening.
This announcement has been retrieved 216 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.