Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH
TITLE: Administrative Assistant for "SME Development in Armenia (SMEDA)" Project
START DATE/ TIME: 01 March 2018
DURATION: 31 December 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Private Sector Development South Caucasus (PSD SC) Programme is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant for the "SME Development in Armenia (SMEDA)" Project who will support with general clerical and administrative services including office and event management, knowledge management, and monitoring and reporting.
- Support the SMEDA Project in all Project activities;
- Provide general clerical assistance to Project management and Project staff;
- Provide general assistance with event management and organisation;
- File paper documents and electronic documents in GIZ's data management system;
- Ensure an efficient flow of information and effective communication within PSD SC Project components, other GIZ projects, the GIZ office, and external partners;
- Assist Project management and Project staff with procurement including pricing and cost analysis;
- Maintain a general database for all Project activities and partners.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence (mail, fax and e-mail) and organise it;
- Prepare, maintain, and organise supporting documents and materials as assigned by Project management and Project staff;
- Assist with the organisation and the administration of events, seminars, workshops and meetings held within and/ or outside the Project's premises;
- Assist with matters pertaining to procurement and contracting according to GIZ policies and standards including pricing and cost analysis;
- Maintain a general database management of Project activities, partners, and stakeholders;
- Responsible for travel management and preparation of trips and visits, including supporting staff, partners, and visitors with their travel arrangements (e.g. hotel bookings, transport, ticket reservations, etc.) according to GIZ policies and standards;
- Participate in internal and external meetings, workshops, and events and assist with documentation and reporting, e.g. PowerPoint presentations and writing minutes.
Office Coordination, Office Management and General Coordination:
- Maintain and update regularly a list of upcoming meetings, missions and events;
- Support maintenance of inventory, check and report damage/ defects in office furnishings and equipment to management and supports with organising and following up on maintenance and repairs;
- Organise transport for the staff and visitors.
Administration Including Assistance in Accounting and Finance, and Knowledge Management:
- Responsible for general administrative aspects for financial management, e.g. preparation of receipts/ vouchers, cash book, bank withdrawals and direct debit orders, money ordering, payment preparation, support in payment and expenditure monitoring;
- Prepare money transfers and/ or other bank documents and verify prior to submission;
- Initiate, conduct and document market research related to the procurement of products and small services;
- Maintain the electronic and physical filing system for the Project; treat all Project information confidentially, in particular staff and financial information;
- Support contract preparation;
- Maintain the contact database of all Project partners;
- Maintain and update visitor, event, vacation and business trip calendars;
- Support in-house events, prepare venue and equipment, provide with catering, receive participants; responsible for participants' lists, take photos and minutes, re-arrange venue;
- Communicate with service providers, e.g. for catering, office supplies and maintenance, as well as landlord, and GIZ's corporate structure;
- Maintain proper working conditions of all technical equipment and coordinate external IT support.
- Graduate degree in a relevant subject (equivalent to a bachelor's or master's degree); bookkeeping/ finance trainings;
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a comparable position, preferably in an international organisation;
- Strong and keen customer and service-oriented personality; responsible, trustworthy, and reliable person;
- Excellent communications skills in Armenian language; very good command in oral and written English language; German language skills are an asset;
- Excellent working knowledge in ITC (phone, fax, e-mail and Internet) and related software applications; in particular MS Office with Word and Excel; knowledge of MS Access and SAP is an asset;
- Excellent administration and organisation skills;
- Affection for working with data, numbers, and figures and an intuitive understanding thereof;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed. Corresponding measures are agreed with the management.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send application documents (a motivation letter and CV including recommendation letters) in English language to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de , indicating the vacancy title in the subject line. With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed, if not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information about GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The Private Sector Development Programme South Caucasus (PSDP SC) implements a Project on "Support to SME Development in Armenia" (SMEDA) on behalf of the European Union (EU) for a 4-year period that started in January 2016. GIZ is implementing this Project focusing on strengthening the policy and institutional framework for SME development, laying the foundation for inclusive broad-based growth.
The Project is built on 5 result areas: (1) Improved policy making process and coordination of supports to SME development for a conducive business development framework; (2) Strengthened private sector organisations to implement SME policies; (3) Improved process of commercialisation of ideas linking research institutions and businesses via cooperation networks; (4) Improved design and management of economic clusters (business incubators, techno parks and Free Economic Zones); and (5) Diversified access to finance for innovative start-ups and small businesses.
The SMEDA Project is carried out within the framework of the EU4Business and EU4Innovation Initiatives of the European Union and is implemented under the PSDP SC umbrella. PSDP SC operates as a regional programme in 3 countries in the South Caucasus, namely Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
This announcement has been retrieved 2508 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.