Save the Children International Armenian Representative Office
TITLE: Support Services Manager
START DATE/ TIME: March 2018
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Armenia, the Support Services Manager (SSM) shares the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office (CO). In his/ her capacity, the SSM will be accountable to the Team Leader for relevant (tax, customs, etc.) government relations and the provision of effective security, IT, HR, logistics, finance and admin services in both emergencies and development programming contexts.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the leadership of the Armenian Representative Office;
- Support the development of an organisational culture that reflects Organization's dual mandate values, promotes accountability and high performance, encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, and frees up Organization's people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for Organization's members and donors;
- Help design and implement a coherent organizational structure that is consistent with agency practices and appropriate to program needs;
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with host government authorities, partner agencies including humanitarian and development donors, and local and international NGOs;
- Ensure that Armenia CO complies with all Save the Children management essential standards and procedures;
- Ensure that all required support is provided promptly, at scale and in line with the rules and principles during emergencies, work closely with the Regional Office;
- Lead changes and introduction of new processes and procedures as implemented globally by Save the Children within High Performing Organization initiative;
- Ensure that CO monthly and quarterly key performance indicators are met.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Assist the Country Team Leader in the management/administration of the CO resources including (a) the formulation of country work program and resource allocation, (b) providing effective support and guidance to the Senior Management Team and other key program staff during planning and allocation exercises, (c) monitoring implementation of donor agreements and resource utilization. Highlight variances, provide analyses and recommend resolution or reallocation of resources;
- Manage financial aspects of budget development for new proposals.
Financial Accounting, Reporting, and Control:
- Oversee management of the CO financial systems;
- Ensure that financial reports to government regulatory agencies, donors, members, Centre and Regional Office are submitted in a timely and accurate manner as required;
- Coordinate and assist TL during internal or external audits.
- Provide guidance to finance and non-finance staff and coordinate efforts to ensure compliance with donor requirements;
- Work with budget holders to estimate funds request on a timely basis to ensure resources are in place for carrying project activities;
- Oversee and monitor sub grantees/ grants management as required per SCI policies and procedures;
- Develop sub-grantees through training and capacity building.
Staff Safety and Security:
- Work with the Regional Office to ensure that the staff and assets of Save the Children Armenia are safe and secure;
- Ensure that all safety and security standards are met.
Logistics, Inventory and Procurement:
- Ensure that the CO logistics capacity and systems meet the SCI standards and are able to satisfy the programming requirements for fleet, assets, transport, supply chain, base setup etc.;
- Work closely with the procurement staff in negotiating the best deals with suppliers;
- Oversee proper record keeping, maintenance and control of inventory;
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized;
- Review and update all contracts and leases before forwarding them to the Team Leader for signature;
- Oversee provision of logistical support to guests, visitors including partner organisations involved in SCI activities.
- Supervise the Human Resources function to ensure that advice and support are provided to managers and staff on interpretation and application of policies and procedures and on other HR related matters;
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, retention and succession of staff including implementation of compensation and performance management systems relevant for both development and emergencies, and career development for staff;
- Mediate conflict, grievances and harassment cases;
- Ensure appropriate staffing within sSupport Services;
- Manage Support Services Team; define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluate direct reports regularly.
Emergency Response Management:
- During declared emergencies act as a member of Emergency Response Team (ERT) providing specific support to the response operations, being integrated into the programme planning and management to facilitate delivery, maintain adequate control and manage risk;
- Strengthen the Armenia CO organisational readiness to respond to emergencies;
- In coordination with Team Leader and Senior Management Team, maintain consistent and coherent engagement in key inter-agency emergency preparedness and response coordination mechanisms including the cluster coordination.
- CPA certification or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) is strongly recommended;
- At least of 5 years of management experience in a corporate or in an NGO environment, including experience in the development of strategic and operational support services plans and their implementation in a professional work environment over a sustained period of time;
- Ability to plan and organise a substantial workload that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities in both development and emergency contexts;
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies;
- Demonstrated credibility with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organization;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate skills in leading a multi-disciplined team through a period of change;
- Leadership skills, including the ability to supervise and motivate a staff with strong personal value systems;
- Analytical, decision-making and strategic planning skills and ability to handle multiple priorities;
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff;
- Experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management and inventory;
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS Office;
- A commitment to the values and principles of SCI;
- Experience of exposure to developing countries;
- High level of commitment to the principles of development and to the organizational and programmatic goals of Save the Children.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for the position candidates are asked to send a cover letter and CV to: email@example.com mentioning "Support Services Manager" in the subject line of the message. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. Save the Children International needs to keep children safe so its selection process reflects the Organization's commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children, working in over 120 countries. Since its establishment in Armenia in 1993, Save the Children has managed a range of relief and development programs in aid to the most vulnerable children and their families in the country. The Organization has worked in more than 500 communities in Armenia to deliver more than 900 projects. The Organization's current strategic priorities (2016-2018) aim at addressing issues related to child protection, child rights governance, inclusive education, and child poverty.
Save the Children employs approximately 25,000 people across the globe and works on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. Save the Children also campaigns and advocates at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
Save the Children is working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday;
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that;
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
Save the Children knows that great people make a great organization, and that the Program Officer will play a crucial role in helping Save the Children achieve its ambitions for children.
This announcement has been retrieved 1326 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.