Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO
TITLE: Gender Specialist
START DATE/ TIME: March 2018
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direct and day-to-day supervision of the Project Manager, the Gender Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support and expertise on mainstreaming a gender approach, as well as for strengthening gender equality in framework of the project implementation in the northern provinces (Tavush, Lori, Shirak and Gegharkunik marzes) of Armenia.
- Provide technical support in delivery and implementation of rural economic development project in the above-mentioned northern provinces of Armenia;
- Contribute to mainstreaming gender equality and women's empowerment into all stages and activities of the project;
- Implement analysis on current gender issues and opportunities to support inclusive engagement of women in the project activities;
- Implement capacity building efforts on gender mainstreaming at all stages of the project implementation (planning, monitoring, reporting and evaluation),
- Act as resource person in capacity building, knowledge sharing events and other relevant activities on gender equality and women's empowerment;
- In close collaboration with other components of the project, coordinate gender equality and women's empowerment activities;
- Maintain active relationship/ partnerships with project stakeholders, governmental and non-governmental organizations on women's issue to enhance collaboration;
- Ensure adherence to SDA quality standards and integration of best practice as well as adherence to donors and contractual requirements;
- Provide and facilitate technical support, capacity building and information dissemination to partners/ project stakeholders on gender issues;
- Produce quality program reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and other required documents and materials (e.g. newsletters, informational leaflets, etc.) for SDA and its donors and ensure that those meet stipulated deadlines;
- Perform other job-related duties as required by the Management of the Project and Organization.
- Master's degree or equivalent in Gender, Women's Studies, Social Sciences, Community Development or other related fields;
- Work experience in donor funded rural economic development project, technical assistance on gender equality, women's empowerment and women's rights issues;
- Experience writing analytical documents and reports;
- Strong public speaking skills and representational experience;
- Experience with implementing gender mainstreaming within the project implementation;
- Ability and willingness to travel countrywide (at least 50% of time);
- Capacity to work sensitively and in a participatory manner with diverse actors;
- Ability to manage complex workload and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian and English languages;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft office applications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CVs together with a motivation or cover letter to: email@example.com . Please, mention "Gender Specialist" in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO is a development organization founded in 2002 and implementing long- and short-term donor-funded development projects in the regions of Armenia.
This announcement has been retrieved 543 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.