Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO
TITLE: Integrated Natural Resource/ Environmental Specialist
START DATE/ TIME: March 2018
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Under the direct and day-to-day supervision of the Project Manager, the Integrated Natural Resource/ Environmental Specialist will be responsible for determining the causes of environmental problems during the project implementation and providing practical solutions of eliminating/ minimizing negative impact on environment in the northern provinces (Tavush, Lori, Shirak and Gegharkunik marzes) of Armenia.
- Provide technical support in delivery and implementation of rural economic development project in the above-mentioned northern provinces of Armenia;
- Implement environmental mainstreaming in all phases of the project implementation in accordance with approved environmental decrees and legislations of the Republic of Armenia;
- Implement assessment and evaluation of current state and use of natural resources at the community as well as at the farm level to develop measures for their effective use;
- Establish on-farm demonstrations on resource effective practices (climate-smart agricultural practices, use of alternative sources of energy, waste management, safe disposal of medical wastes, etc.);
- Develop resource effective measures across dairy and meat supply chains;
- Adjust/ develop management guidelines of dairy and meat processing enterprises and incorporate resource effective measures for the production/ processing;
- In close collaboration with other components of the project, ensure fulfillment of set project objectives and deliverables;
- Build and manage relationships with stakeholders, including community staffs, local governing bodies, pasture users/ cattle owners, as well as national and local NGOs;
- Ensure adherence to SDA quality standards and integration of best practice as well as adherence to donors and contractual requirements;
- Provide and facilitate technical support, capacity development, training and information provision/ dissemination to project stakeholders on integrated and effective natural resource management;
- Produce quality program reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) and other required documents and materials (e.g. newsletters, informational leaflets, etc.) for SDA and its donors and ensure that those meetstipulated deadlines;
- Perform other job-related duties as required by the Management of the Project and Organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or in other relevant subjects like Physical Science and Environmental Engineering;
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in integrated natural resources management, development of measures for their effective/ sustainable management;
- Experience of work in rural areas, with farmers, community governing bodies etc. on developing partnerships and collaboration, and establishing demonstrations;
- Knowledge of accepted legislations/ decrees on environmental issues in Armenia;
- Proven success in operational management of various activities with a clear focus on results;
- Excellent communication capacity and proactive approach to building relationships with key actors;
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct, precise and digestible form;
- Ability and willingness to travel countrywide (at least 50% of time);
- Ability to rapidly analyze situations, identify problems, risks, opportunities and trends, and to take realistic and balanced decisions accordingly, consulting appropriately;
- Ability to manage complex workload and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in written and spoken Armenian and English languages;
- Computer literacy with practical experience in Microsoft office applications.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to email their CVs together with a motivation or cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please, mention "Integrated Natural Resource/ Environmental Specialist" in the subject line of the e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 25 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Strategic Development Agency (SDA) NGO is a development organization founded in 2002 and implementing long- and short-term donor-funded development projects in the regions of Armenia.
This announcement has been retrieved 424 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.