UNDP Armenia Office
TITLE: National Expert on Building Engineering and Energy Efficiency/ Renewable Energy
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individual national experts
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The National Expert on Building Engineering and Energy Efficiency/ Renewable Energy will work under the overall guidance of UNDP Armenia Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Analyst and direct supervision of the Climate Change Program Coordinator and respective Project(s) Manager(s). The incumbent will report to the Programme Coordinator and respective Project(s) Manager(s).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support Project teams in identification, planning and supporting implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in public and residential sectors;
- Support in elaboration of ToRs for the design and construction/ renovation related activities, design expertise, energy audits/ upgrades, renewable energy systems' application, companies and individuals aimed at ensuring improved energy performance;
- Support the multi-apartment building dwellers/ apartment owners and management bodies in identifying the building energy retrofit measures and cost estimates, raising their awareness and collaboration with potential ESCO companies and subcontractors;
- Support the Project management in technical evaluation of the bids and preparation of evaluation reports;
- Ensure quality control and quality assurance of design documentation, design expertise, author supervision, technical supervision, energy audits, energy efficiency measures and renewable energy application of demo/ pilot projects;
- Prepare and review estimates, BOQs, cost tracking reports, cost deviations related to energy upgrades, engineering equipment and renewable energy installations and civil works;
- Implement professional technical supervision/ quality assurance over the demo/ pilot projects design and construction works to ensure compliance of quality of the used works and materials with the design, technical requirements and the Program objectives;
- Conduct on-site meetings and presentations and provide answers to technical and program related questions, take part in professional training sessions, seminars, masterclasses to be organized for the beneficiaries, prepare and deliver trainings and presentations;
- Identify new demo/ pilot projects opportunities to demonstrate energy efficiency and renewable energy application, including assessment of potential benefits of demo/ pilot projects from the applied measures;
- Deliver periodic reports on technical supervision results, including recommendations and assessments;
- Establish and maintain high standards of work, communication, and deliverables;
- Render consultations as required within the Programme;
- Perform other job-related duties as may be required.
- Support is provided to the Project team in identification, planning and implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures in public and residential sectors;
- The multi-apartment building dwellers/ apartment owners and management bodies have received assistance in identifying the building energy retrofit measures and cost estimates;
- Project team has received expertise in documentation related to the designing, application, supervision and reporting of energy efficiency and renewable energy measures for demo/ pilot projects;
- Support provided to the awareness raising activities organized for the beneficiaries.
Note: for each single specific call-offs, the respective detailed ToR with specified outputs and applicable number of working days will follow in line with the main scope of works of the assignment.
- Master's degree in Architecture, Structural Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent; scientific degree is an asset.
- At least 7 years of hands-on experience in construction, construction coordination and technical oversight/ inspection with accent on energy efficiency/ renewable energy;
- At least 3 years of practical experience in designing, managing and scheduling of building construction projects with a concentrated focus on energy conservation;
- Experience in designing, implementing and inspecting energy efficiency and renewable energy measures is a must;
- Working experience with multi-apartment buildings and their management bodies;
- Working experience with international donor organizations is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application procedures are available at: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=77148 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 09 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 February 2018
ABOUT: The Sustainable Growth and Resilience Portfolio Climate Change Programme projects have common overarching goal to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation. The mentioned objective can be achieved through improved regulatory framework and defining the proper responsibilities for enforcement mechanisms; demonstration of advantages of the energy efficiency measures through partnership with municipalities and buildings management bodies; introduction of proper economic instruments and incentive schemes, national capacity building for testing and labelling of energy efficient appliances, as well as through broad measures aimed at increasing awareness on benefits of energy efficiency.
This announcement has been retrieved 630 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.