TITLE: TV Systems Engineer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The ideal candidate for this position can prioritize mission critical tasks and coordinate the construction and expansion of the Company's systems, updates and other maintenance tasks in the way of daily operations.
- Ensure that Linear TV, Timeshift TV, CUTV, NPVR, EPG and other interactive services in TV portal are delivered to subscribers in a reliable and manageable way;
- Make sure that all platforms (IPTV and OTT) and all their components necessary for the service are maintained and operated in a sustainable way;
- Provide platform monitoring and service monitoring support to the TV team and wider audience to help improve overall quality of monitoring system;
- Troubleshoot complex issues affecting underlying supportive platforms and components;
- Provide experience in analysis of major incident root cause and write RCA documents;
- Work closely with the NOC and other related departments on incidents and provide direct follow up to Level 3 support and SW vendor if required;
- Provide excellent support to the end-to-end system of each affiliate on a high level;
- Provide feedback and reporting to the TV department head concerning performance and capacity of production environment and platforms/ components;
- Participate in clean takeover and acceptance of new TV core and auxiliary components from the engineering and development/ SW delivery teams;
- Support the testing and validation in pre-production environment (test lab) to confirm and validate bug fixes for new SW (code) releases;
- Reproduce known issues/ problems and reported incidents in production in the test lab;
- Participate in pre-production and production deployment phases of new SW/ code releases;
- Assist in acceptance tests and operation field trials;
- Review and judge on related requests for change from different affiliates based on impact on the platforms, networks and components from system perspective as well as in light of the number of impacted service customers;
- Work closely with NOC and NMS teams to set requirements for alarm management; identify alarm priorities; take ownership of reporting on incidents;
- Participate in troubleshooting of complex production issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Electronic Engineering or a related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in Telecoms/ SP/ SW development;
- Knowledge of concepts: IPTV, OTT, DTV and DVB;
- Advanced knowledge of Red Hat/ Oracle/ CentOS/ Debian/ SuSE/ Linux administration, Linux networking, and Linux security;
- Knowledge of head-end equipment (satellite receivers, scrambling/ descrambling, encoders/ decoders, transcoders, and RF/ ASI/ IP input/ output),
- Knowledge of STB (thin client, thick client, embedded Linux, and Android);
- Excellent knowledge of IPTV/ OTT MiddleWare, Video on Demand and CMS;
- Knowledge of CAS/ DRM (Verimatrix, Conax, Securemedia, Widevine, Primetime, FairPlay, PlayReady, and Intertrust Marlin);
- Knowledge of audio/ video codecs, containers, formats, and streaming protocol;
- Knowledge of video streaming in dedicated network and over the web, CDN setup and maintenance;
- Knowledge of concepts of SW design, development and complex systems;
- System management, monitoring and maintenance automation knowledge;
- Knowledge of system virtualization (VMWare ESXi/ vCenter, KVM, Docker, Xen, User-Mode Linux and Qemu);
- Experience of database administration MySQl/ MariaDB, PostgreSQL, and Oracle; experience of non-relational DBs is a plus;
- Attention to details and flexibility;
- Critical thinking and multitasking skills and good team player;
- Excellent knowledge of English language; knowledge of Russian language is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Candidates who meet the above-mentioned requirements and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are asked to send their resumes to: email@example.com mentioning the title of the announced position ("TV Systems Engineer") in the subject line.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 09 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 08 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Ucom LLC is a unified communications operator in Armenia, which offers symmetrical and mobile broadband Internet and other services.
This announcement has been retrieved 357 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.