Asian Development Bank Armenia Resident Mission (ARRM)
TITLE: Senior Project Officer NS3
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: 180045
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: This vacancy is a local staff position. It is open only to nationals and residents of Armenia.
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Senior Project Officer will provide in-depth technical expertise, operational support, and leadership in handling loans/ technical assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities. The focus will be on transport, and other sectors including energy, water and other urban infrastructure. The Senior Project Officer will report to Country Director, ARRM and may supervise certain administrative staff and national staff as may be assigned.
- Contribute to country programming and sector work, act as the focal point for the assigned sectors mentioned in the job description, maintains close relationships with relevant government agencies, ADB headquarters staff, and development partners;
- Support, and in some cases lead, processing of loans and TA projects and implementation readiness plans ensuring key technical, economic, financial, environmental, social, and other sector issues are addressed;
- Administer implementation of the projects, including monitoring, support to implementing agencies, and active problem identification; take preventative and remedial actions and maintain a strong focus on contract awards and disbursements, procurement, and safeguards compliance;
- Support regular portfolio management activities including participation in Country Portfolio Review missions, and monitor overall performance of projects in the assigned sectors mentioned in the job description;
- Participate in country programming and project processing, including fact-finding and appraisal missions; contribute to policy dialogue with the government on policy matters and institutional issues;
- Prepare project and technical assistance completion reports;
- Lead, supervise, support and mentor the junior staff;
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned and reflected in the incumbent's work plan.
- Master's degree in Economics, Civil Engineering, Public Policy, Law or relevant fields. Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered;
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience including project related work, sector work, administrative systems and procedures; and at least 4 years of supervisory experience;
- Experience working on projects financed by multilateral or bilateral development agencies, including substantial responsibilities for project preparation, oversight or implementation; familiarity with environment and social safeguards, and contract management;
- Understanding of public-private partnership modalities and their application to infrastructure services;
- Knowledge of social and environmental safeguards matters;
- Ability to demonstrate thorough, substantial and diverse experience, undertake a variety of assignments with minimal supervision;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop rapport internally and externally in a multicultural environment;
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB's standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual's qualifications and experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: You can apply for the Senior Project Officer position 180045 through: https://www.adb.org/careers/180045 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 09 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23 February 2018, 07:59 a.m.
ABOUT COMPANY: Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 67 members, 48 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region.
ABOUT: The position is assigned in the Armenia Resident Mission (ARRM) within the Central and West Asia Department (CWRD). CWRD is responsible for maintaining client relations and delivering ADB assistance in countries in the Central and West Asia region. ARRM is responsible for country programming, coordination with clients and development partners, external outreach, and administration of a substantial share of the sovereign portfolio.
This announcement has been retrieved 2126 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.