Lydian Armenia CJSC
TITLE: HME Mechanic
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Amulsar, Vayots Dzor, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Heavy Mining Equipment (HME) Mechanic is required to perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of gas and diesel engines and heavy-duty construction equipment. The HME Mechanic will have the ability to troubleshoot major and minor mechanical problems, as well as have the ability to repair and adjust all necessary mechanical components. Work assignments will be received in the form of oral or written work orders, but the employee is expected to determine the nature and extent of needed repairs.
- Construct, install, and repair equipment and machinery;
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine repairs needed;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline work processes;
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks;
- Repair, overhaul, maintain, and service diesel-powered vehicles, heavy trucks, heavy construction equipment, graders, dump trucks, and excavators;
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service fuel injection systems, exhaust systems, cooling systems, air conditioning systems, lubrication systems, engine control systems; responsible for major internal engine repairs or overhaul, installation and alignment of engines and machinery;
- Repair, overhaul, maintain and service drive trains and final drives, hydraulic transmissions, power take-offs, tracked vehicle suspensions and steering, vehicle brake systems, wheel-mounted vehicle suspension and steering;
- Practice workplace safety. Check all heavy equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions;
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and any other necessary mechanical components;
- Diagnose defects in heavy duty equipment;
- Diagnose any faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair that is required;
- Inspect, repair and adjust gasoline and diesel-powered units;
- Perform incidental welding operations on equipment;
- Adhere to workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances;
- Communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/ injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting;
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service;
- Perform mechanical repairs on equipment in the shop and road calls when required;
- Operate automotive servicing equipment, e.g. A/ C recycler, etc.;
- Install new and added-on equipment;
- Responsible for electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics;
- Accurately complete work orders and time sheets;
- Repair cooling, and lubrication systems;
- Install and align engines on machinery;
- Repair mechanical transmissions, drive-trains and final drives;
- Repair cable-operated working attachments, winches, compressors, pumps, electric generators, etc.;
- Test the repaired equipment for proper performance;
- Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work;
- Instruct apprentices;
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation;
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques;
- Perform other mechanical repair work as required;
- Supervise apprentice positions.
- HME/ Diesel Mechanic certificate;
- Completion of college/ vocational or technical training;
- Appropriate credentials and certifications;
- At least 10 years of experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic;
- Possession of a valid driver's license;
- Proven mechanical abilities in hydraulics and electrical, including schematics and diagnostics;
- Experience with routine maintenance operations;
- Highly flexible person, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment;
- Ability to complete commercial vehicle inspections within a licensed facility;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of inventory control and inventory systems for parts management;
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates can send their CVs to: email@example.com . The position title "HME Mechanic" should be written in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 14 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 28 February 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Lydian Armenia CJSC is an Armenian mineral exploration company, developing Amulsar mine project.
This announcement has been retrieved 410 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.