TITLE: Senior Front-end Software Engineer
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer at Workfront, the incumbent will work with the Company's engineering team and partner with product management to take ideas for Workfront's products and turn them into realized features in the Company's Work Automation Cloud platform. He/ she will work in an Agile environment and estimate assigned work, create OO and/ or functional designs, provide task breakdowns and implement features and micro-services using ES6+, React, Node, Python, Java, multiple frameworks (Spring, Docker and AWS) and data technologies (NoSQL, RDBMS, Kafka and ElasticSearch).
As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer, he/ she is more than just a coder. In addition to his/ her software engineering responsibilities, the incumbent is also expected to guide a small to medium-sized team to deliver in a product area by being a planning consultant to the project managers, helping identify dependencies and risks for the group, recommending improvements to the Company's engineering practices and helping other engineers become more proficient in solving specific problems. The jobholder will excel as he/ she identifies and applies front-end industry best practices in order to produce a quality, testable, and intuitive user experience with the use of cutting-edge front-end technologies. The Company expects enthusiasm for front-end development.
- Create new features using the Company's development technologies; create simple engineering designs that solve complex problems;
- Fix occasional bugs in the Company's SaaS platform;
- Debate the optimal design and ideal user experience for a variety of unrealized features identified by Company's product friends (costumers) or propose some own ideas;
- Help QA and other software engineers find the best way to test own work to ensure that it works ideally;
- Lead discussions with own team about what emerging tools, technologies and processes are coming that may impact how the Company improves its products and its SaaS platform in the future;
- Provide well-considered opinions to the creation and modification of Company's technology roadmaps;
- Take some time to do some research, train in a new technology or participate in a team building exercise with own team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering (or equivalent education) or equivalent work experience;
- Sound knowledge of front-end state management systems including design patterns and philosophies;
- Ability to take on a problem and represent it in an component-based, object-oriented, or functional design while calling out assumptions, discussing design alternatives and considering non-functional aspects of the system (e.g. performance, maintainability, etc.);
- Experience of optimizing software to run fast, be reliable and fail safely (O(n) analysis should not be new to the candidate);
- Ability to design features that require coordination, management, and communication of local and remote state;
- Person who has created a performant PWA, who has mastered every front-end library and framework from React to MooTools;
- Extraordinary communication skills to the point where the Company feels that not only can the candidate talk to engineers, but also to the CEO and everyone in between and do a credit to the Organization;
- Unique experience in real-time or massively distributed systems, public cloud or PaaS systems like AWS or Azure, contact centers, databases or big data;
- Person who has successfully led measurable and, preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices of a software team and that the candidate has the desire and drive to do it again;
- Person who, upon seeing a problem, moves quickly to solve it instead of waiting for permission and specific instructions from others.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply via: https://www.workfront.com/job/?gh_jid=1030520 .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 15 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Workfront Inc. is a cloud-based enterprise work management solution company based in Utah.
This announcement has been retrieved 700 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.