Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC
TITLE: Quality Assurance Engineer
START DATE/ TIME: Upon hiring
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer will mainly be responsible for automation and improvement of the software testing process.
- Improve the existing test framework system (applications and modules):
a) increase the performance (grid usage, optimal use of CPU, etc.);
b) embed different 3-rd party testing tools into Company's testing system (memory and cache checkers, coverage tools, automated GUI testers, etc.);
- Work in contact with developers and decide how to achieve maximum coverage, work out corner cases of the tested feature;
- Develop test plans;
- Develop functional and feature regression tests and test suites:
a) include maximum possible test-cases to achieve highest code coverage;
b) include all corner cases;
- Manage the testing projects (assign tasks to project engineers, prepare time tables, documentation, etc.);
- Look through the results of test runs, inspect the reasons of failed tests and fix them;
- Look through testing tools' logs, understand the reasons of crashes and errors.
- At least 3 years of work experience in software testing or programming;
- Programming background;
- Good scripting/ coding skills;
- Good knowledge of object-oriented programming;
- Ability to study quickly new scripting languages;
- Ability to quickly understand the tested feature (mathematical model, parameters, etc.);
- Basic knowledge of C++ coding;
- Ability to search and understand documentation about domain, software tools, etc.;
- Experience in working in UNIX environment;
- Good knowledge of UNIX shell scripting;
- Basic knowledge of grid engines;
- Good knowledge and experience of working with software testing tools:
a) memory and cache testing tools (purify and valgrind);
b) code coverage analyzers (Numega, gcov and Pure coverage);
c) GUI testing tools (Rational Robot and Squish);
- Basic knowledge of third party EDA tools;
- Basic knowledge of design data formats (LEF, DEF, GDSII and Open Access);
- Ability to organize and drive projects;
- Ability to develop complicated validation scripts and modules to use in testing framework;
- Ability to write qualified documentation (in the English language) for the projects and developed software by using the MS Office or Open Office environment;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Teamwork capability.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive, plus benefits, including a medical insurance, loan program and a subsidized lunch.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit their CVs to: http://amyhrs.mentor.com .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 19 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 18 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Mentor Graphics Development Services CJSC is a subsidiary of Mentor Graphics, a Siemens Business, USA, a provider of electronic design automation (EDA) software.
This announcement has been retrieved 613 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.