QSI International School of Yerevan
TITLE: K-8 Music Teacher
TERM: Full-time (30-40 hours per week)
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: All qualified candidates
DURATION: Permanent, with 90 days of probation period.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: N/A
- Teach skills in music understanding/ appreciation, harmony, explorations in music and choral music to the students;
- Plan/ execute a balanced music program and organize class time so that preparation, rehearsal and instruction can be accomplished within the allotted time;
- Provide individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the music curriculum to the needs of each student;
- Encourage students to develop individual musical skills to the greatest extent possible;
- Utilize repertoire of all types of music literature, including traditional and contemporary, that are appropriate for the ages and skill levels of students;
- Maintain care/ responsibility for school-owned music, musical instruments and equipment to prevent loss or abuse;
- Make minor adjustments and requests repairs to instruments as required;
- Evaluate each student's musical growth, performance, and musical understanding;
- Assess each individual's contribution to the performance of the group;
- Cooperate with the Principal and staff in providing musical programs for open house, parent meetings and seasonal programs;
- Communicate with parents and school staff on individual student's progress.
- Availability of collegiate professional license with endorsement in Elementary Music or K-8;
- Higher education in Education and English Language;
- At least 3 years of teaching experience; work experience in an international environment is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Armenian languages;
- Ability to play the piano;
- Computer skills: knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Music software;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment; handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Availability of a teaching certificate is preferred.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable, based on experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Candidates, interested in this position, are welcome to go to: https://goo.gl/forms/DVZcg31ulKvTU54s2 , complete and submit application, current resume and any other documents (e.g. certificates, CV, copies of degrees earned, recommendation letters, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position. If you encounter technical problems, you can send your CV to: email@example.com .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 21 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: QSI International School of Yerevan is a private, non-profit institution that opened in September of 1995. It offers an international academic curriculum for students aged from 3 through 18 year-old.
This announcement has been retrieved 595 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.