Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Learning Coach in Yerevan
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and tech-savvy professional who is comfortable experimenting with new technologies to start a career as a Learning Coach in Yerevan Tumo Center for Creative Technologies.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Based on the established coaching model, the Learning Coach will work directly with Tumo students to:
- Support their learning process;
- Assist them in the design of their personal learning plans;
- Offer guidance toward the completion of learning activities;
- Provide encouragement and motivation toward harnessing the potential of technologies and self-learning;
- Assist in workshop and project coordination in various technology related areas;
- Track student attendance and provide feedback regarding student development, take measures to engage and provide technical inspiration to reluctant students;
- Convey a positive and professional image to students;
- Promote learning in a collaborative and energized mode;
- Provide feedback to Tumo's content evaluators in the development of new learning activities and the fine-tuning of existing activities.
- Undergraduate or graduate education in a recognized university;
- Excellent people skills and facility in working with teenagers;
- Familiarity with and ability to learn technical concepts and tools relevant to at least one of the Tumo focus areas of animation, game development, web development and film-making;
- Multifaceted aptitudes in technical areas such as graphic design or programming, and artistic skills such as drawing or writing;
- Willingness to develop higher order skills such as creativity, analytical thinking and initiative taking, as well as organizational capabilities such as teamwork, communication and research skills;
- Experience on the web and in the use of online resources and tools is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills, including written communication, personal interaction, and public presentation in Armenian language; knowledge of English language is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply, please send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention "Learning Coach in Yerevan" in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 23 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, 4 Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with 4 main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 936 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.