Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Fundraising Specialist
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is seeking an experienced Fundraising Specialist to join its team, develop a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the Company.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the Company;
- Research fundraising opportunities, write grant applications, funding proposals inspiring people to commit to the cause in question;
- Set and achieve realistic time-limited fundraising targets, agreed with top management;
- Support the development of large-scale multi-country funding proposals to international funders;
- Continually seek new and appropriate contacts and partnerships with relevant individuals or organizations;
- Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for the Company;
- Inspire new donors to raise money, while maintaining and developing relationships with existing donors, motivate and facilitate supporters to maximize the funds they raise;
- Leverage technology and social media where possible to improve fundraising activities, create marketing materials to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes;
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications;
- Ensure reporting to funders and top management is accurate, transparent and timely;
- Make risk analyses and balancing time-cost ratios to focus effort on the fundraising activities that are most appropriate and will have the highest chance of success;
- Ensure the donors or companies are happy with their donation scheme and are kept informed of progress and milestones;
- Manage and update a comprehensive fundraising database that captures all relevant information, as well as handle all administrative aspects of fundraising;
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including individuals, corporates, community, events and other grant-makers, with appropriate priorities.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Marketing, Business Management, Public Relations or a related field;
- Expert-level knowledge of fundraising best practices across multiple audiences;
- A strong track record of securing funding;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational abilities;
- Person adaptable and flexible to changing circumstances and needs of the role, including flexibility in working hours to ensure coordination with key colleagues in different locations and time zones;
- Ability to work under pressure, meeting key project and reporting deadlines;
- Sensitivity to differences in culture and nationality with the ability to work closely with colleagues from across the world with a range of professional backgrounds.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume to: email@example.com by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Fundraising Specialist". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 23 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, 4 Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with 4 main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 877 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.