United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)
TITLE: Administrative Assistant GS-5
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: 511186
DURATION: Fixed-term appointment administered under the provisions of the UN Rules and Regulations.
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Administrative Assistant GS-5 is responsible for executing a broad variety of standardized administrative tasks for the respective section(s) requiring thorough knowledge of UNICEF administrative procedures, processes and policies. In this capacity, the need to project the image of a credible and reliable service provider is imperative to quality of process delivery, and the impact of work directly reflects on the overall reputation of the team in terms of responsiveness to client needs and quality of process execution.
Appropriate and Consistent Interpretation and Effective Implementation of Administrative Policy and Instructions to Support Operations:
- Provide practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with Operations. Update the staff on administrative policies, instructions, rules and regulations. Brief and assist arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements;
- Contribute to recommendations on the improvement of internal controls systems considering the prevailing conditions in the locality;
- Keep supervisor abreast of potential problem areas, makes recommendations for follow-up actions, prepares reports and evaluations on general administrative or specialized tasks.
Technical Assistance and Support in Promoting and Coordinating Cost Effective and Best Practices in Travel Management:
- Provide travel assistance to the staff in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the Organization's rules and policies. Ensure that the Organization obtains the best service and price for all travel;
- Brief/ de-brief staff members on issues relating to related administrative matters such as visas, security clearance, documentation procedures;
- Extract, input, maintain and verify correctness of travel records in the Organization's travel system to ensure accurate transactions related to travel costs, staff travel and statements reconciliations;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets on travel costs and maintain travel budgetary control records. Process travel claims.
Effective and Cost Efficient Events and Conferences Management:
- Provide support to the office with logistical arrangements related to training/ workshops/ conferences, etc.;
- Liaise with budget focal points and section over costs and needs;
- Prepare background materials for participants of operations-related events.
Property Management, Office Equipment and Vehicles:
- Support procurement/ management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles. Maintain inventory of office items;
- Establish an office supplies monitoring system. Ensure that services and maintenance of premises and equipment are in accordance with organizational standards;
- Supervise office drivers by ensuring that clear workplans and fleet management system is in place;
- Monitor and arrange for vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance;
- Check vehicle daily log and fuel consumption.
General Administrative Duties:
- Maintain admin related hard and electronic files, update data bases ensuring timely and appropriate recording, safekeeping and disposal of information;
- Provide general logistical support to visitors and individual contractors for services and physical space planning;
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the Organization. Higher education is an advantage;
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Armenian languages. Knowledge of another official UN language, such as Russian, is an asset.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience.
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Communication (I);
- Working with people (II);
- Drive for results (I).
- Analyzing (I);
- Learning and researching (I);
- Planning and organizing (I);
- Following instructions and procedures (I).
Please, view the Organization's competency framework at: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf .
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the UNICEF E-Recruitment system and following online application link found at: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/511186?lApplicationSubSourceID= .
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the Organization does - in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children's rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favoritism. To the degree that any child has an unequal chance in life — in its social, political, economic, civic and cultural dimensions — her or his rights are violated. There is growing evidence that investing in the health, education and protection of a society's most disadvantaged citizens — addressing inequity — not only will give all children the opportunity to fulfill their potential but also will lead to sustained growth and stability of countries. This is why the focus on equity is so vital. It accelerates progress towards realizing the human rights of all children, which is the universal mandate of UNICEF, as outlined by the Convention on the Rights of the Child, while also supporting the equitable development of nations.
This announcement has been retrieved 2983 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.