Lydian Armenia CJSC
TITLE: Contract Manager
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Amulsar, Vayots Dzor, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Contract Manager will play a critical role in the Company's ability to achieve its goals by creating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and negotiating contracts as well as promoting business opportunities for local communities. In this role, the Contract Manager will be responsible for contract negotiations working closely with colleagues in the operations and administrative functions, managing the contracts as a contract administrator with appropriate support staff, and will oversee contract close-outs, extensions and renewals, while communicating all contractual changes to all stakeholders. The Contract Manager will be responsible for resolving any contract-related issues that come up, whether internally or externally, and will be required to partner with a variety of business support functions, including learning the mining business, serving the internal client base and helping develop business opportunities as part of the Company's commitment to sustainable development of local communities. The Contract Manager is critical to the Company's success. The position will report directly to the Mine Controller.
- Draft, evaluate, negotiate, modify, analyze and execute contracts optimizing commercial terms while maintaining the Company's code of ethics;
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters;
- Guide the preparation and negotiation of contracts and terms and conditions of service contracts;
- Identify, assess and manage risk-related areas in the contract execution and support rigorous and effective risk management processes;
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation;
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally;
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate;
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders;
- Advise on issues of interpretation and assist in any disputes/ claims resolution process.
- LLB (Bachelor of Law); MBA is preferred;
- More than 8 years of legal contract business experience;
- At least 5 years of technical industry experience;
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating contractual documents, implementing and administering contracts;
- A detail-oriented person with the ability to analyze contracts to identify and evaluate risks relative to different scopes of work;
- Strong negotiating skills; ability to handle multiple projects at the same time;
- Ability to synthesize complex legal and contractual topics and communicate to internal (or external) stakeholders;
- Experience in contract risks management and negotiations including claims/ disputes management;
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook);
- Ability to work in a multicultural workplace;
- Knowledge of Armenian, Russian and English languages;
- Excellent communication, writing, meeting facilitation skills;
- Strong contract modeling software skills;
- Ability to meet project objectives within designated constraints.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates can send their CVs to: email@example.com . The position title "Contract Manager" should be written in the subject line of the email. Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Lydian Armenia CJSC is an Armenian mineral exploration company, developing Amulsar mine project.
ABOUT: The Amulsar mine is a conventional open pit gold mine utilizing the heap leach process for recovering gold. The mine, in addition to requiring a supply of consumables and spare parts, will be retaining contractors to perform related activities including construction of additional leach pads, production drilling and blasting of approximately 30 million tonnes of ore and barren rock per year, hauling approximately 10 million tonnes per year from the process facility to the leach pad, maintaining the leach pad area and operating a 700+ man camp with associated support facilities.
This announcement has been retrieved 1137 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.