Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Senior Software Engineer
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Tumo Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join the product team, to work openly, accepting feedback and working closely with other teams to help deliver excellent software products to Tumo students in Armenia and further beyond.
- Work as part of a team to build new, scalable educational software products;
- Integrate previously built applications into a new scalable cloud platform;
- Work with the head of software development and the Company's UI/ UX designer to propose optimal technical solutions to the proposed requirements and designs;
- Review other team members' code and ensure adherence to the established standards;
- Extend knowledge to other team members, deliver training where needed;
- Ensure all user feedback is integrated into the product development life cycle.
- A strong foundation in software engineering;
- At least 4 years of experience in software development, ideally working on commercial software products;
- Knowledge of or desire to learn the latest technical stacks (ReactJS, Node.js and AngularJS, Vue.js and non-relational databases);
- Experience working with cloud platforms and web operations (e.g. Azure) and developing micro-services is desirable;
- A keen interest in technology and digital product design including a deep understanding of how to ensure great user experience across all devices and channels;
- Person enthusiastic about user centered design with an ability to demonstrate professional experience in building great user interfaces (for mobile and web);
- Experience or desire to work in an Agile team using Sprints, Scrum and other methods;
- Willingness to take part in demos, and end-user testing.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume to: email@example.com by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Senior Software Engineer". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 27 February 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, 4 Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with 4 main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 944 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.