American Councils for International Education (ACTR/ ACCELS)
TITLE: Professional Fellows Program (PFP)
FELLOWSHIP TYPE: Merit-based
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: To be eligible for PFP, applicants must:
- Be a citizen of Armenia and currently reside in Armenia. Applicants living outside of their country of citizenship will not be considered eligible to apply;
- Be 25 to 35 years old at the time of application;
- Be a college graduate (equivalent of a bachelor's degree or higher);
- Be proficient in the English language;
- Have at least 2 years of relevant experience in and commitment to a career in the public sector and/ or nonprofit sector (e.g., legislative, executive, and NGOs that address policy issues);
- Have demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills.
Applications are accepted from employees of:
- NGOs, especially those involved in public policy making and legislation;
- Social innovation and entrepreneurship;
- Businesses active in corporate social responsibility;
- Government - local, state, and federal.
DURATION: 5-6 weeks
DETAIL DESCRIPTION: The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) is sponsored by the U.S. Department of States Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Professional Fellows Division. For Armenia, PFP is administered by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ ACCELS.
PFP affords promising young professionals the opportunity to gain practical experience in, and exposure to, the United States government. The knowledge and interest of these young professionals in American political processes will be expanded through short-term fellowships in state legislatures and city halls across the United States, as well as on Capitol Hill and in non-profit organizations that address policy issues.
PFP goals are to:
- Strengthen understanding of the U.S. legislative process;
- Enhance appreciation of the role of civil society plays in shaping public policy and holding government accountable;
- Create partnerships between institutions in the U.S. and Armenia;
- Establish a common language to develop practical solutions for shared problems and concerns.
The fellows will be in the US from 09 October 2018 to 17 November 2018. The PFP program provides round-trip international and domestic transportation, visa fee and processing costs, health and accident insurance, and a modest stipend. Housing and meals will be provided for program participants with U.S. host families.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for a spot on the PFP spring program, candidates need to complete an online application that can be found at: https://ais.americancouncils.org/pfp . Please visit the program site at: http://americancouncils.am/category/programs/professional-fellows-program-pfp/ .
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this fellowship opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: American Councils for International Education is an international nonprofit creating educational opportunities that prepare individuals and institutions to succeed in an increasingly interconnected world.
This announcement has been retrieved 714 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.