TITLE: My Armenia Program Museums Component Coordinator
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individuals
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: My Armenia is seeking a Contractor who can provide program coordinator services for the museums component of the My Armenia program. The Contractor will work closely with the museums component technical leads at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC, by email and Skype, as well as in person when the leads travel to Armenia, to ensure museum activities are being implemented in a timely manner and within established budgets. The museums component currently works with ten target museums across Armenia - Aksel Bakunts House Museum, Dilijan Regional Museum, Gallery of Mariam and Eranuhi Aslamazyan Sisters, Hovhannes Tumanyan House Museum (Dsegh), Jermuk Art Gallery, Local Lore Museum of Goris, Museum of National Architecture and Urban Life of Gyumri, Sisian History Museum After Nikoghayos Adonts, Vanadazor Museum of Fine Arts and Yeghegnadzor Regional Museum.
- Build and maintain relationships with the 10 above-mentioned target museums, ICOM Armenia, and other project partners and beneficiaries;
- Manage communications with museums and branding consultants in support of branding activity for the 10 target museums;
- Finalize a purchase list and assist in the execution of in-kind support to museums;
- Support capacity building workshops;
- Responsible for translation and management support.
- Previous work experience in a museum; work teaching about museums a plus;
- Ability to travel outside of Yerevan (travel might be during the weekdays or on the weekends);
- Knowledge of museum practice/ operations and capacity building;
- At least a university (bachelor's) degree in a related field, including but not limited to Art History, Anthropology, History, Museums/ Museum Management; master's degree is a plus;
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages (both verbal and written);
- Knowledge of Armenian regional museums (via professional relationships, previous visits, previous work) is a plus;
- Experience or comfort of working with smaller regional museums;
- Knowledge of international museum standards and practices is preferred;
- Experience with USAID is a plus;
- Familiarity with My Armenia program is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are asked to submit the quotes to Alisa Ayvazyan to: SmithsonianHR@gmail.com . The quotes submitted must include the following information:
- Cover letter addressing capacity to carry out scope of work and any relevant details about the contractor's background/ experience that render him/ her strong candidate for carrying out services;
- CV demonstrating relevant experience per the evaluation factors listed above;
- Quote for an hourly rate in AMD.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 01 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 March 2018, 5:00 pm
ABOUT: My Armenia, a joint partnership between USAID, the Smithsonian Institution, and the people of Armenia, harnesses the power of research, documentation, and storytelling to strengthen cultural sustainability through community-based tourism development. As outlined by USAID/ Armenia and the Smithsonian Institution, the primary goals of this 5-year program are to build cultural heritage tourism in Armenia so as to increase the number of tourist visits, increase spending and days stayed per tourist with an emphasis outside of the capital, and create new job opportunities for Armenians.
The My Armenia program works with Armenian museums and cultural sector professionals to increase capacity across museum functions, such as museum management, education and outreach, and exhibition design. In strengthening the capacity of museums, the museums component aims to improve the visitor experience, enhance interpretation and storytelling, and increase visitorship, helping Armenian museums to promote themselves in the broader tourism market and secure a stronger foothold in the tourism value chain.
This announcement has been retrieved 1008 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.