TITLE: Finance and Operations Assistant
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: My Armenia is looking for a full-time, Yerevan-based Finance and Operations Assistant to provide overall financial, administrative, and operational support to the My Armenia team. The assistant will work primarily with the Finance and Operations Manager (FOM).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the FOM in reviewing the payment requests and ensuring all financial-related backup documentation is complete;
- Assist the FOM when working with My Armenia accounting services provider to review payroll and ensure amounts match timesheets;
- Assist the FOM in creating financial reports on a regular basis when needed;
- Ensure all payment requests are reviewed by the FOM and approved by the COP;
- Ensure vendor bank account information is complete and accurate;
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the FOM;
- Prepare payment requests and, when appropriate, enter vendor/ payment information into online banking system after review and approval of FOM and COP respectively;
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets as requested by FOM;
- Ensure payments to vendors and staff are made in a timely manner;
- Work with FOM to review and ensure accuracy of invoices from the Armenian system;
- Work with My Armenia accounting services provider to ensure all tax withholdings and payments are calculated correctly;
- When appropriate, enter financial transactions into the My Armenia accounting software, ensuring use of correct class codes and expense categories;
- Scan, upload, and organize all financial documents according to the My Armenia electronic filing system;
- Maintain the vacation and sick leave log for the staff and update it on a regular basis;
- Maintain financial documents and filing system, both electronic and hard copy;
- Provide financial support to the team members;
- Assist with other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role;
- Assist with operational and administrative activities as needed.
- University degree in Administration, Accounting, or a related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in financial management and accounting;
- Good knowledge of Armenian accounting requirements and tax system;
- Experience working on operational duties in an international office setting;
- Knowledge of USAID financial and procurement regulations is preferred;
- Understanding of data privacy standards;
- Fluency in both Armenian and English languages;
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment;
- High sense of organization, responsibility and ability to meet deadlines.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Based on salary history.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Applicants are requested to send their CVs to: SmithsonianHR@gmail.com by the mentioned deadline.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 02 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Since its inception in 1846, the Smithsonian Institution's mission – the increase and diffusion of knowledge – has driven everything it does. As the largest museum and research complex in the world, the Smithsonian offers unparalleled breadth and depth across disciplines and functions – from astronomy to natural sciences, from ancient archaeology to modern art, from the study of folk traditions to the exploration of contemporary crowd-sourced content, covering 19 museums, 9 research centers, and the National Zoo. Smithsonian Institution's collection contains more than 137 million objects, and last year alone 30 million people walked through its doors.
ABOUT: My Armenia is a project funded by USAID and implemented by the Smithsonian Institution. My Armenia supports the sustainability of Armenian cultural heritage through the development of an inclusive and dynamic tourism sector that engages and benefits Armenian communities across the country. Much of the research and documentation generated from My Armenia will drive the content and programming for the Armenia program at the 2018 Folklife Festival.
This announcement has been retrieved 1001 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.