Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH
TITLE: Junior Advisor for "Good Local Governance Programme South Caucasus" (LoGoPro)
START DATE/ TIME: 01 April 2018
DURATION: 01 April 2018 to 31 December 2019
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The "Good Local Governance Programme South Caucasus", implemented by GIZ, is currently looking for a Junior Advisor. The Junior Advisor will support the Programme team in Armenia in providing expert inputs in the field of knowledge and data management for the programme; conducting technical and social surveys related to the programme activities; coordinating project activities; carrying out specific research tasks which are required for planning the implementation of projects or programmes; and carrying out specific tasks in connection with knowledge management for the programme.
Coordination and Monitoring:
- Support Project monitoring and update information on Project progress, documents and reports regularly on the status of results;
- Assist with recording and documenting the results of all activities;
- Assist with planning, coordinating and documenting meetings, workshops, seminars and other Project activities with a focus on technical aspects;
- Assist short-term experts assigned to project/ programme in completing their tasks.
- In consultation with the Team Leader or advisers, prepare and carry out qualitative research projects (developing survey instruments, field trials, training field staff, organisational preparation in the field, collecting and analysing data).
- Assist in drawing up reports and translations;
- Establish Project database;
- Assist in communicating, updating and collecting information;
- Organise and update project/ programme documentation, the filing systems and the project/ programme library.
Implementation of Project Activities:
- Design and conduct analytical surveys for the programme;
- Design and maintain knowledge management database for the programme;
- Develop and implement specific cooperation initiatives with partner organisations in the field of knowledge management and monitoring;
- Maintain high and GIZ conform standards on knowledge management and monitoring.
- University degree in the field of Political and/ or Social Sciences or comparable academic background;
- Initial experience (internship or similar) in a position relevant to the above responsibilities and tasks;
- Excellent knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email and the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office, Access or other database programme);
- Excellent written and spoken skills in Armenian, English and Russian languages; ideally knowledge of German language;
- Excellent analytical skills and ability for complex data processing;
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to operate independently and a high responsibility for achieving results;
- Ability to apply professional experience successfully in cooperation, advisory services and management;
- Ability to operate flexibly, soundly and with diplomatic skills in a context of international cooperation and change and reform processes;
- Profession and intercultural competencies and sensitivity;
- Ability and willingness to work and cooperate closely with an international team including Armenian, Azerbaijani and Georgian citizens as well as to travel frequently within Armenia and occasionally to Georgia and other international locations;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed. Corresponding measures are agreed with the management.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de indicating the vacancy name ("Junior Advisor for "Good Local Governance Programme South Caucasus" (LoGoPro) Project") in the subject line. With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed, if not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Str., Yerevan. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 05 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 16 March 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information on the GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The Good Local Governance Programme South Caucasus advises and supports respective partner organisations at national, regional (sub-national) and local levels in Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan in the implementation of cooperation initiatives towards improved local governance. It supports the improvement of frame conditions, addresses regional (sub-national) governance issues and works towards the improvement of municipal services and citizens' participation at municipal level. In the context of the German international cooperation approach, the Programme's objectives are oriented within the framework of the Caucasus Initiative; thus, the improved professional exchange among the countries of the South Caucasus and their increasing cooperation are also objectives at regional South Caucasus level.
In January 2017 GIZ started implementing the 3rd phase of the BMZ funded Good Local Governance Programme South Caucasus (LoGoPro). Since August 2014 it is co-funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC) and since February 2015 by USAID. It is carried out in close cooperation with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Development (MTAD) as the main political partner.
This announcement has been retrieved 1509 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.