British Embassy Yerevan
TITLE: Economic Adviser B3, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
ANNOUNCEMENT CODE: ARM18.98
TERM: Full-time (35 hours a week)
DURATION: Fixed-term contract (until 31 March 2021).
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The British Embassy in Armenia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas, and is now looking for an Economic Adviser (programmes) to join the Programme team, based in Yerevan. The successful candidate will provide high quality advice to support development and implementation of economic and related projects, implemented by the British Embassy in Yerevan.
- As a member of the Programme team, provide support to the management of project work in the Embassy (Good Governance Fund and Conflict, Stability and Security Fund), including issues pertaining to project identification, design, procurement, contracting as well as monitoring and evaluation;
- Apply a political economy lens to the development and implementation of all GGF programmes;
- Support with management of the projects to be funded via the Good Governance Fund, liaise with potential project implementers, Managed Fund service providers, beneficiaries and key policy officers within the Embassy, and advise the Embassy's Project Board on project selection that best delivers the Embassy's Country Business Plan;
- Follow and prepare reports related to the developments in sectors impacting on projects, liaise with donors, alert senior managers to risks stemming from projects, contribute to the Embassy programme planning process, share lessons learnt with colleagues in post/ region/ London/ donors;
- Maintain contacts and establish new relationships with Government, IFIs, think tanks, experts and other stakeholders on Good Governance economic project work;
- Produce regular economic briefings and ad-hoc reports when needed, to help inform British Embassy's policy work, both in the Embassy and in London;
- Liaise with colleagues on these issues to ensure a joined up approach that delivers UK objectives in Armenia.
- University degree in a relevant subject: e.g. Economics or Public Administration;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, including evidence of programme management, engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Oral and written fluency in English and Armenian languages; Russian language skills would be an advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent problem solving skills;
- Experience of reporting and analysing economic issues;
- Experience of designing or implementing economic programmes;
- Strong analytical and judgement skills;
- Knowledge of the economics and governance of Armenia;
- Willingness to occasionally work outside normal office hours at short notice and to travel overseas;
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask;
- High level of IT skills including MS Word.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: 804,000 AMD (Gross)
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please, submit your application form by the deadline through: https://goo.gl/zJyxDD .
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the "Application Deadline". The British Embassy advises candidates to allow enough time to complete and submit a full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 07 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 March 2018
ADDITIONAL NOTES: The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply.
The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law.
The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion with their line manager.
This announcement has been retrieved 1951 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.