Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Workshops Department Director
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Workshops Department Director is responsible for managing an expanding team of over 60 workshop leaders who teach across Tumo's 14 learning targets. Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will recruit, hire and oversee workshop leaders and teaching assistants.
- Supervise instructional quality and logistics to ensure workshops are delivered to the highest standards in all Tumo centers;
- Create a positive and dynamic working environment for staff members;
- Ensure the capacity of the Workshop Department to meet the growing demand as a result of Tumo's expansion;
- Manage workshop leaders to ensure production of high quality workshop materials and self learning content, utilising best practices in teaching.
- University degree in Engineering, Management or Education;
- At least 10 years of experience in managing large teams in a mission critical environment;
- Background in teaching or education management;
- Analytical thinker, with an ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals and groups;
- Fluency in spoken Armenian and written English languages.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Workshops Department Director". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 April 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, 4 Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with 4 main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 692 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.