Tumo Center for Creative Technologies
TITLE: Director, Tumo Labs
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Director of Tumo Labs will manage the establishment of Tumo's engineering and applied science center for university age students and young professonals, from educational programming, recruitment of participants and hiring of staff to space planning and logistics.
- Assist in the implementation of the Tumo Labs' strategy, educational content and operations;
- Plan and design collaboration projects with leading industry professionals and organizations worldwide;
- Provide an incubation environment for the creation and mentoring of startups;
- Ensure effective management of the Center's operations;
- Plan and manage the budget of the Center;
- Recruit and train a team to manage the day-to-day running of the Center.
- Strong experience in a technology or engineering role;
- Experience with managing people and teams;
- BS/ MS in Computer Science or Engineering;
- Experience with managing budgets and P&L is desirable;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Ability to build relationships and manage conflict;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English language;
- Working knowledge of Armenian language is desirable.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline. In the subject line of your email, please mention "Director, Tumo Labs". Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 April 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Tumo is a free after-school program designed for teens. Since the program's launch in 2011, 4 Tumo centers have opened their doors in Armenia: in Yerevan, Dilijan (in collaboration with the Central Bank), Gyumri and Stepanakert (in collaboration with AGBU). A new, fifth Tumo center is planned to launch in the northern border village of Koghb, in Tavush, in 2018. Under the Tumo educational program, students get acquainted with 4 main focus areas: animation, web design, game development and filmmaking; and ten complementary skills including robotics, programming, photography, music, and more.
This announcement has been retrieved 856 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.