Questrade International Inc., Armenian Branch
TITLE: Quality Assurance Analyst
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst will provide expertise in and be responsible for QA activities for products developed by the Questrade Technology Group (QTG), with particular focus on the data integration (ETL) and reporting. The QA Analyst will join one of the Agile Business Intelligence teams to enhance the QA posture for team's products.
- Write test plans, and test cases throughout the development lifecycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Review tools implementations and encourage best practices and sound design principles while remaining practical and deadline driven;
- Train other departments on the use of custom developed tools;
- Work in an Agile team and cover the QA components for team's data integration and reporting products;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience as a QA Analyst with a solid progression of responsibilities;
- Experience working with relational databases; good SQL language knowledge;
- Expert knowledge of Excel;
- Experience with SQL Server and its BI components (SSIS, SSRS) is a great asset;
- Experience working with large data volumes;
- Experience with testing high performance systems;
- Working knowledge of Linux/ Unix and Windows environments;
- Advanced knowledge of system development life cycle, methodology and testing knowledge;
- Solid knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communications skills;
- Experience in finance (especially capital markets) is considered a very important asset;
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly with any testing tool;
- Experience working with both back-end (database, service-level testing) and front-end testing (reports, Excel and static PDFs);
- Good understanding of automation testing approaches is a plus.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive, plus a benefit package.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please mention the position title "Quality Assurance Analyst" in your email subject line.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 06 March 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 05 April 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: To learn about the Company, please visit: www.questrade.com.
This announcement has been retrieved 771 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.