Lydian Armenia CJSC
TITLE: Cost Accountant
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
LOCATION: Amulsar, Vayots Dzor, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Cost Accountant is a member of the Commercial Department and is primarily responsible for recording of financial costs of the Amulsar site in the NetSuite ERP to support business decisions and drive site improvement initiatives and processes. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing and analyzing cost expenditures and purchases within the Organization. The cost accountant will review existing purchases, record data, recommend new cost-efficient and financially feasible cost options, and oversee purchasing costs. He/ she will also work across teams to present and translate important financial information and assist in Company audits.
- Plan, study and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as consumables, store inventory movement/ balances and labor efficiencies;
- Direct and lead the cost review, budgeting and forecasting functions at site;
- Responsible for preparation and tracking of Authorizations for Expenditures (AFE) and capital projects;
- Analyze changes in consumption rates, mining/ processing methods or support services provided, to determine their effects on cost;
- Analyze actual site costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs;
- Support the recording of cost information for use in controlling expenditures (purchase to pay process);
- Analyze audits of costs, application of internal controls and prepare reports to measure compliance;
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing process performance and variances to budget;
- Maintain ERP and cost accounting systems;
- Assist in month-end close and reclassifications/ allocations based on production and usage metrics to the General Ledger;
- Perform annual equipment physical inventory validation and assist with warehouse cycle count program;
- Support the recording/ maintenance of site metal inventories.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or in a related field;
- At least 6 years of experience in general accounting or cost accounting;
- General familiarity with the mining/ manufacturing industry is preferred;
- Strong cost systems background and excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles;
- Computer literacy, strong Excel skills and ability to use Outlook and Word;
- Excellent knowledge of Armenian and Russian languages; knowledge of English language is a plus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: All interested candidates are welcome to send their CV to: email@example.com . Please indicate the position title ("Cost Accountant") in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 12 June 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 26 June 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Lydian Armenia CJSC is an Armenian mineral exploration company, developing Amulsar mine project.
This announcement has been retrieved 659 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.