Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit GIZ GmbH
TITLE: Office Assistant/ Driver
START DATE/ TIME: 01 October 2018
DURATION: 3 years
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: GIZ is looking for an Office Assistant/ Driver for "Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Population in the South Caucasus" Programme. The incumbent will be responsible for the smooth progress of administrative procedures and performing official travels using the project vehicle. He/ she will act as a comprehensive service provider in the Programme office supporting the team in general tasks such as secretariat work and services, office coordination and event management.
- Responsible for safely and carefully performing all official travel using official vehicles (up to 30% of working time for driving visitors and staff);
- Regularly service and look after official vehicles;
- Use all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and share this information with other office drivers;
- Run official errands;
- Perform daily operational administrative tasks of all Programme affairs;
- Assist in managing office related events;
- Perform general clerical services;
- Assist with filing documents in reference files or DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules;
- Handle all procurement organised by the Programme Office Manager including collection and evaluation of proposals and justification of the final procurement decision;
- Assist the Office Manager with his/ her tasks as instructed;
- Manage all Programme-related events.
- Provide passenger transport in an official car for office, Project or Programme staff, official visitors and guests;
- Run errands for the Programme or Office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies;
- Help with transporting goods;
- Ensure unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and report restrictions immediately;
- Complete the vehicle log book correctly and conscientiously in accordance with GIZ standards;
- Use all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and share this information with other office drivers.
Services and Secretariat Work:
- Clean the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly;
- Check oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents, etc.;
- Responsible for the Project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log book and recording monthly maintenance;
- Calculate monthly petrol, oil and lubricant consumption for the daily cash fund and for forwarding monthly vouchers to cost accounting;
- Report need for service and carry out minor repairs;
- Immediately report all involvement of the Project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings;
- Ensure that necessary office supplies are available;
- Purchase office equipment and supplies within set value limits;
- Provide office receptionist services as required;
- Photocopy and scan documents as needed;
- Help organize events and meetings, workshops and seminars within or outside the office;
- Help prepare visitor programmes, draws up travel schedules, organize transport of visitors;
- Complete forms and tables in accordance with specific instructions from the head of finance and administration;
- Organize and compily information materials;
- Label files in accordance with GIZ filing rules;
- Document service requests and inquiries.
Purchasing and procurement:
- In accordance with GIZ regulations assist with local procurement of materials and equipment and order processing;
- Assist with the safe transport of goods to destination;
- Assist with processing claims for damage to goods;
- Document and file completed order transactions in reference files or in DMS in line with GIZ's filing rules.
- Assist the officer in processing customs declaration procedures (duty-free import of goods, entering information in customs declaration database, producing statistics);
- Assist with checking ship consignments;
- Assist with monitoring clearing of goods;
- Assist with organising and coordinating collection of goods.
- Participate in the entire process of vehicle registration (initial registration and documentation of both private and official vehicles, tax and insurance issues with project vehicles), new registrations and insurance;
- Assist in forwarding registration and insurance papers to the responsible Project/ Programme staff;
- Assist with processing accident insurance claims against local and German insurance companies, in cooperation with GIZ Head Office.
- Assist the Country Director and the country security focal point in implementation of minimum security standards.
- Interpret for the Country Director, official visitors and guests, especially when travelling in the regions, between Armenian or Russian and English or German languages;
- Provide input to information for GIZ staff in the country on customs issues for private goods, vehicle registration and insurance for private cars, and the GIZ office service package for outward travel.
Other duties/ additional tasks:
- Perform other job-related duties and tasks at the request of management, participate in internal and external (team) meetings and workshops and assist with documenting these, e.g. if necessary by taking photos;
- Assist the Programme management in administrative duties (e.g. business travel applications and settlements);
- Assist other colleagues as needed in the Programme or office if there is no travel pending, carry out other office work on request.
- Higher education;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Health condition allowing long distance travel.
- At least 1-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good knowledge of English language; knowledge of German language is desired;
- Discipline and punctuality;
- Resilience and patience;
- Familiarity with travel in Yerevan, in the regions of Armenia and to and in Tbilisi;
- Appropriate appearance and attire and friendly manner with all passengers;
- Working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office);
- Good management and organisational skills;
- Customer and service-oriented attitude;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed; corresponding measures are agreed with management.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Negotiable
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant professional experience and education and employers' references in English language to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de . With getting the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" the receipt is confirmed. If not, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 4/ 1 Baghramyan Str., Yerevan. The position title (Office Assistant/ Driver for "Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Populations in the South Caucasus") should be indicated in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 26 July 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 20 August 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: For more information on the GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de.
ABOUT: The programme on Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Populations in the South Caucasus /EPIC commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) was designed with the objective to improve socio-economic participation of vulnerable displaced and population of selected host communities in the South Caucasus. The South Caucasus, since 1991 has witnessed a number of regional conflicts that resulted in proportionally huge displacements of population and large communities of displaced in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia. Different factors hamper the economic and social integration of displaced population in their host-communities, among them a lack of vocational qualifications and key competencies that match the demands of the local labour market and a lack of opportunities to participate in decisions about the local development in their host-communities. Due to the war in Syria there was another significant movement to Armenia primarily of people with ethnic Armenian background. According to the Government of Armenia and UNHCR, the number of persons displaced from Syria currently present in Armenia is estimated to be around 15 000-17 000. The Armenian component of the technical cooperation measure under the EPIC programme will be launched in October 2018 aimed at economic integration of displaced persons from Syria.
This announcement has been retrieved 1727 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.