TITLE: MICE Manager
START DATE/ TIME: ASAP
DURATION: Long-term, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: The MICE Manager is responsible for the overall quality and profitability of the events. From RFP receiving and beginning of a project to final reporting, this position requires ensuring total satisfaction of the client as well as enhancing the professional image of Go2Armenia. The MICE Manager gives direction and implements all company standards and required duties.
- Manage events efficiently, effectively and with total quality control;
- Keep up to date on the status of all the upcoming events and meetings and client relationships daily;
- Review incoming e-mail messages and resolve issues;
- Plan, monitor and report on budgets as well as status for each request in work on a weekly basis;
- Manage client relationships to enhance the image of Go2Armenia;
- Up-sell Go2Armenia services and related products to produce future business;
- Write proposals and respond to requests for proposals;
- Prepare timelines, critical path and monitor these activities throughout the duration of the project;
- Negotiate contracts on behalf of clients with hotels, suppliers, etc.;
- Monitor and approve expense reports for on-site staff;
- Educate oneself in international event industry;
- Ensure quality control in all operations;
- Oversee and provide guidance to the project team;
- Perform other job-related duties that may be assigned.
- Ability to perform each of the duties outlined in the job description satisfactorily;
- At least 2 years of experience in organizing events;
- Experience in creating and managing conference/ events budgets of a value exceeding 100,000 USD;
- Ability to work well with clients and respond to inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Ability to work with clients of different cultures and with different expectations;
- Ability to address client's ideas, suggestions and concerns and implement whenever possible;
- Diplomacy, tact, exceptional communication skills and customer service;
- Solid knowledge of MS Office programs;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Russian, Armenian languages; knowledge of a third language is a true asset.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Competitive, based on previous experience and skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates are welcome to send their resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com indicating the position title ("MICE Manager") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 10 October 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 09 November 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Go2Armenia was founded in 2008, and is one of the pioneers of business tourism in Armenia. Today, Go2Armenia is engaged in the event management industry. Go2Armenia is represented by G2A CJSC. To learn more about Go2Armenia, please visit: www.go2armenia.com.
This announcement has been retrieved 607 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.